Chapter Twenty: Siren

Colt's POV

"Colt, wake up!" I open my eyes and see Stretch on top of me.

"What are you doing here? Where's Grant?" I sit up abruptly and look around.

"Calm down. Grant had to go see his sick grandma in the nursing home. There's a new villain. I hate to say this, but you'd better hope you didn't hurt Killer Kool too bad because you're going to need his help," Stretch explains.

"Why would I need his help?" I gave him a questioning look as I start to get up.

"She came from another city where they call her the Siren. You can guess her ability."

"I wonder if it would work on a telekinetic person, though. We have stronger minds than others."

"That's what you're wondering?" He raises his eyebrows at me like I'm crazy.

"What are you wondering?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Will it work on a gay guy?" He smirks at me.

"I hadn't thought about that, but I bet it would. Wanna be a test subject?" That wiped the grin off his face.

"I'm not gay, you asshat," he spits at me.

"I guess we will find out," now I'm the one smirking.

"Go get dressed, idiot."

"Okay, okay." He leaves the room, and I get my suit out of the closet.

I guess Grant distracted me from the bad frostbite because it hurts like hell now. Just taking off my shirt made me feel like someone was pounding ice into me. Once I finally get my suit on, I walk into the living room. Stretch is holding a strange looking device, and I give him a questioning look.

          "This is my newest invention. Put it on, and you will be practically immune to Killer Kool's blasts of ice. It melts ice as soon as it hits the surface." He hands it to me.

          "Thanks, Stretch. I love it," I tell him. I put it on, and we head out the door.

          "Where are we going?" I ask my partner as we are flying through the air.

          "Queen Street, but she's heading south towards Main Street," he says worriedly.

          "We will be there before she's able to get past Dauntless Street."

          We do end up landing just in time to stop her. I start worrying because Killer Kool isn't here yet, and the villain is closing in. "Kool's status?" I ask Stretch.

          "Nowhere on the radar. He must've known you'd need help, so he decided not to show. What better way to defeat an opponent than let someone else weaken them first?"

          "That's true. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope he shows up."

          "Awe, I'm touched," a voice says behind us. "I never knew you cared, Flame." It's Killer Kool.

          "Glad you could show, Iceman. Siren is closing in," I say, trying not to fight my only hope at defeating Siren.

          "You owe me one, Hothead. I plan on robbing a bank next week, so how about you turn a blind eye?" He winks at me.

          "I don't owe you anything. You're doing this for yourself," I spat.

          "Fair enough," he responds, looking at his nails.

          "Hello, boys," a woman behind us flirts. "And girl," she says looking at Sparky.

          "Come with me peacefully, and no one gets hurt," I warn her.

          "Oh, please. I can have all of you wrapped around my finger within seconds. Let me carry on with my villainous ways, and you'll all be better off," she threatens, smiling.

          "Let me take care of this, my fiery friend," Killer Kool takes a step toward the Siren. She starts a song that is supposed to take control of us, but Kool and I weren't affected.

          "Was that it? That's your power? This is power!" Killer Kool freezes the villain waist down, then collapses a nearby building with a wave of his hand.

          "Stop this!" I shout at him as I fix the building.

          "Shethinks she has power, Flame! She doesn't know power." He runs in circles aroundher, causing Siren to choke and sputter.