Chapter Twenty Seven: Villains Will Always Be Villains. . .

Grant's POV

I close the door behind Colt, then slide down it onto the floor. I wish he didn't have to leave. After a couple minutes of sulking, I get up and go to the bathroom. I'd noticed my burns don't really hurt anymore. Pulling up my shirt and taking off the bandages, I look in the mirror at my abdomen. The scarring process has already started, so I'll be completely healed within a day. Thank God for quick healing.

I walk back into the living room, shaking my head and regretting that I said no to dinner tonight. Why did I have to agree to that contract a few months ago? I wouldn't even go tonight if I didn't need a favor from the mob. Killer Kool agreed to protect a drug deal or something like that, and in return, a favor is granted.

Turning on the news, I realize I haven't really caused any havoc lately. The news is just full of crap without me. I don't have any plans today, so maybe a little daytime chaos wouldn't be so bad. I smile at the idea of it. What shall I do? Kidnap the mayor, rob a bank, freeze city hall. . . I've got it!

Within the blink of an eye I'm in my super suit and on my way out the door. My heart races as I speed through the apartment building, then shoot into the sky. I've never done anything this extreme, but it's time I show that I'm not a force to be reckoned with. Hothead will lose it when he finds out about this. . .

Randall Office Building, one of the tallest skyscrapers in Alium City. I always hated this place, but I never had the balls to do anything about it. Today is the day I destroy. Now, I may be a big bad villain, but I will give these people a chance.

"Attention Randall!" I shout, using a device Sparky uses so I know everyone will hear me. "I will give you ten minutes to evacuate the building. After that, well, let's just say things won't be pretty."

People in the building are panicking and trying to find a way out. I know I'm a terrible person, but I've come to terms with it and the fact that maybe I'm not even a person. I watch the people in there as the scramble. They're so scared, but I don't even care. When the ten minutes is up, I won't hesitate.

Meanwhile. . . Colt's POV

When I get to my house, I notice Stretch is looking extremely panicked. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I'm so sorry about what happened last time we actually talked. I had no right—" I cut him off.

"No, I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have shouted at you like that and said what I did. It was stupid, and I hope you can forgive me," I tell him sincerely.

"Of course I forgive you Colt." He gives me a hug and whispers in my ear, "Thank you for always being there for me."

I smile and whisper back, "I could never abandon you."

He pulls back, looking at me seriously. "Do you love Grant?"

I pause for a moment, thinking about the question event though I already know the answer. "Yes, I do."

"Then I'm happy for you," he smiles sadly.

I'm about to say thank you, but our alarm goes off, alerting us of crime in the city. "Crime in the middle of the day?" Stretch asks.

"It's probably just some inexperienced bank robber or something," I say, hoping I'm right.

Stretch gets out his computer and checks the security cameras around the location the alarm said. "Holy shit," he says just loud enough for me to hear him.

"Watch your language," I tell him.

"Sorry," he mumbles in response. "But you gotta see this."

On his computer screen is Killer Kool telling Randall Office to evacuate. "No," I say.

"Why would he—"

"He's always had a problem with those offices for some reason. We must stop him, though. He's going to destroy them."

"Let's go, then."

I'm dressed within a second, so I dress Stretch. "What the hell was that?" he asks.

"We need to hurry," I respond, picking him up and heading out the door.