Chapter Twelve: To The Rescue

Colt's POV

          Why did he have to call now? It's probably Killer Kool. I pick up the phone, and Stretch answers.

          "There's an attack on Main Street," he says, nonchalantly.

          "Did you forget that I'm on a date?" I hiss.

          "Sorry, loverboy, but there's a new villain in town, and you know what that means."

          "Dammit, why are you always right?" If there's a new villain, Killer Kool will be there for sure. He hates it when people try to steal his limelight.

          "There's something about this guy you need to know, though."

          "Of course there is," I groan. I just want to continue my date.

          "He seems to have a freeze gun."

          "Great. I'll be there in a few." I walk back to the table to see Grant standing up. He looks like he's in a hurry.

          "I'm so sorry, Colt, but I have to go. There's an emergency with Sarah," he says.

          "That's fine, I have to go as well."

          "Do you need a ride home? I can take you," he asks, nicely.

          "I'm fine, thanks. We will have to do this again sometime, okay?" I have to decline his offer, but I know a faster way to travel.

          "Yes, of course. Goodnight," he says. He gives me a peck on the cheek, and I blush.

          "Goodnight," I respond quietly.

          I hurry out of the restaurant and dash down the street at 500 miles an hour. I can run a lot faster than that, but this isn't a situation in which I need to.

          When I get to my house, I call for Stretch.

          "What do you need, Fighting Flame?" He asks sarcastically, throwing my suit at me. I change into it in a blink of an eye.

          "I need you to come with me. This might get a little crazy."

          He sighs. "Alright, but you owe me," he responds.

          When he's suited up, we go outside. I hold onto him and shoot up into the sky like a rocket. Stretch doesn't like flying, so he looks at the mechanism he invented. It's an armband that is digitalized so that he can see where we are and where we are going. Also, it shows him where Killer Kool is. He puts off a different heat signature than most people. I do too, but Stretch usually blocks mine out.

          "Killer Kool is about a mile away. He'll be here in a few seconds. As for the freeze-gunman, he's almost directly below us," Stretch reports.

          "I see him," I say. I take a dive towards the ground, and Stretch groans. Killer Kool arrives on the ground the exact same time we do. Apparently, he brought his sidekick with him, too.

: