Chapter Twenty Six: Interrupting Calls

Colt's POV

    As we eat our breakfast, we joke and talk about random things. When I'm around Grant, I feel like we're the only two people in the world. "Since our date was interrupted last time, how about we try again. Does tonight sound good?" I ask him.

    "Umm, well, no. Not tonight. Maybe tomorrow night, sorry." He won't meet my eyes.

    "Oh okay. Tomorrow sounds great," I say awkwardly.

    "I just have to talk with Sarah tonight. I think she feels kind of neglected," he explains.

    "Yeah, I should probably talk to Daniel." I let out a sigh.

    Grant wraps his arm around my lower back, making me jump a little. He had finished his breakfast, and I was almost done. Gradually, he starts leaning on me. When his head is on my shoulder, I decide to play hard to get. Honestly, I've never acted like this around anyone. It's like Grant changes something in me and makes me stronger. I pick up our plates and get up without warning. Almost falling, Grant looks up at me with a hot smirk.

    "Hey, wait a second," he gets up from his chair and starts walking to me. I turn around to the sink and act like I don't notice him, but after a moment, I feel his arms wrapping around me. "What did you do that for?" He asks in a deep, sexy voice. As he starts moving his hands around my chest and abdomen, I notice I'm not near as sore as I was.

    "Hmmm," I hum as he starts kissing my neck.

    "You like that?" He asks teasingly.

    "Mhmm," I respond, hoping he doesn't stop.

    Unfortunately, my phone rings, stopping any further action. "You could ignore it," Grant says in my ear.

    "I could, but it's probably Daniel." I walk over to where I left my phone and saw that I was right. I look over at Grant apologetically, but he just shrugs and mouths 'it's fine'.

    "Hello?" I ask as I walk into the bedroom.

    "H-hey, Colt. We need to talk about what happened. Meet me at the house?"

    I think about Grant and how I shouldn't leave him, but Stretch and I need to talk. "Yeah, sure. I'll be there in a bit, okay?"

    "O-okay. See you soon," He replies, and the line goes dead. I feel like something is wrong, but I send the thought away with a shake of my head.

    "Hey Grant?" I ask, walking back into the kitchen.

    "Yeah," he responds curiously.

    "I'm gonna have to pull the skedaddle on you. I'm sorry, Daniel just wants to talk, and he has good reason. Are you going to be okay?" I'm still a bit worried about him.

    "Yeah my hand feels better today and my burns have healed well," he says a little sadly.

    "Okay, just call me if you need anything. I'm so sorry that I have to leave you like this. . ." My voice trails off.

    "It's okay. I understand. I'll see you tomorrow?"

    "Of course," I respond cheerily. I give him a peck on the cheek, but he pulls me into a full kiss that lasts several seconds. No one says anything after it, but we both smile.

    I leave his apartment smiling bigger than the Cheshire Cat. I don't think I've ever been happy than now, and for me, that is a very long time.