Chapter Nine: Knocking on Love's Door

Grant's POV

          I arrive exactly on time and have flowers with a small box of chocolates attached. I take a deep breath and knock on the door. I'm the evilest villain in this city, yet I get nervous when knocking on a date's door. All of a sudden, a tall, lanky man opens the door. He looks about Sparky's age. Then, he speaks, "You must be Grant. Please, come in." He gestures inside the house and steps back.

          "Is Colt home?" I ask nervously. I have no idea who this person is.

          "I'm right here," Colt says walking into the room. "Sorry, Str-Daniel wanted to meet you, so I let him answer the door." He glances to the flowers and blushes.

          "Oh right, these are for you," I hand him the flowers and chocolate.

          "Thank you! They're beautiful. Daniel, will you put them in some water, please?" He asks his friend, handing him the flowers. He sets the chocolates on a table. "Don't eat those."

          "It was nice meeting you, Grant," Daniel shakes my hand, and then shoots a glare at Colt.

          "Are you ready?" I ask, not knowing what to say. Thankfully, Colt seems to have the same awkwardness about him.

          "Yes, let's go. See ya later, Daniel," he says. I step to the side and motion for him to go first. He blushes again and walks through the doorway.

          We walk through his yard in silence. I get to the car first, so I can open the door for him. "Thanks. This is an awesome car," Colt says.

          I get into the driver's seat and reply, "I've had it for a while." I actually stole it a couple weeks ago, but he doesn't need to know that.