Chapter Six: Confiding in A Friend

Colt's POV

          I meet Stretch at my house. He's my assistant. His real name is Daniel, but I call him Stretch because he's basically made of rubber. He's my best friend. Hopefully, he can give me some advice for this date.

          "Hey, Colt. How's it going?" Stretch asks me as I walk into the house. He's pretty short and lanky, but his red hair brings out his pretty, green eyes.

          "Remember that guy I was telling you about? The one with blue in his hair?" A grin spreads across my face.

          "Yeah, the one you have a crush on?"

          "Yes. He asked me out today," I say matter-of-factly.

          "No way! Give me details!" Stretch practically yells at me.

          "Calm down, man. I was just sitting at the librarian meeting, and he walked up to me and asked me out," I say simply.

          "When are you going on your first date?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me, which made me blush.

          "Tonight. He's picking me up at seven. I don't know where we are going, so that'll be interesting," I shrug.

          "Remember to stay safe, Flame. Don't burn his house down," he winks at me, and I blush an even darker red.

          I stumble a little and knock a beaker off the table, but Stretch reaches over to catch it, his arm extending by two feet. "Thanks," I glare at him, and he snickers. "I need your help, though. You know it's been a few years since I've been on a date, so I need advice," I say awkwardly.

          "A few years! That's an understatement. I've known you since the Revolutionary War. It's been at least thirty years since you went on a date. I'll help you, though," he jumps off the table he was sitting on and starts walking to my room. "Let's see what clothes you have, first of all."