Chapter Twenty One: We All Have Secrets and Weaknesses

Grant's POV

          As I speed around this wannabe, I start to wonder why I'm doing this. The only answer I can come up with is that I'm a villain, and that's what villains do. But then I imagine Colt. I can't imagine what he'd think if he saw me this way. He'd be repulsed and would never talk to me again. I abruptly stop in my tracks. I look at Siren who is desperately gasping for air, and I melt the ice.

          I turn my head to look at Flame, and he nods at me. Suddenly, there's an unimaginable pain in my stomach. I cry out and fall to the ground. I look up to see Siren looking at me furiously, but she is also on the ground. She must've kicked me! And in my stomach where my burns are the worst. "You'll pay for this, bitch!" I stand up, ignoring the pain and prepare to hit her with the coldest blast of ice ever. I start to fire, but then my hand explodes with pain. Flame burned me to stop me from killing the woman. I hold my hand to my chest and look at him. He looks at me with wide eyes that tell me it wasn't on purpose.

          "Kool, listen, I—" He starts to apologize, but I cut him off.

          "No, you listen," my voice comes out in a hiss. "I try to be the nice guy for once and this is what I get?" I hold out my arms, and my eyes start to tear up. My hand really hurts! "I wanted to kill her, then I stopped. I want to be a person that my boyfriend would be—" My eyes go wide, and I stop talking. I just revealed that I'm gay to my worst enemy. Could this day get any worse? I just stand there frozen, waiting for his response.

          "Boyfriend?" Flame simply asks, his voice dripping with confusion.

          "N-nevermind," I furiously walk over to Sparky. "Forget that I said that. Take your bitch and go." I grab Sparky and fly us home.

          All I can think about is what I said. Is he homophobic? Will this make him hate me more? Is that why Siren- wait. Could he be gay too? Neither one of us could be controlled by her, so maybe it's because we are both into men?

          "Grant, we need to talk about this," Sparky says once we get inside our apartment.

          "What the hell is there to talk about? I keep thinking about it, and I just realized something. Does it matter that he knows? It's not a big..." I trail off. I feel kind of dizzy.

          "Are you okay?" Sparky looks at me confusedly.

          "Yeah, I'm fine. But yeah, it's not a big deal. He thought I was straight, and now he knows I'm gay. What's he gonna do? Steal my lunch money?" I barely get the last words out. My head starts throbbing, and my burns feel worse than they did when I first got them. "S-sparky, I—" I try to tell her I'm not feeling good, but everything goes black.

          I open my eyes to Sparky sitting on my bed next to me. She perks up a bit when she sees that I'm waking up. "How are you feeling?" She asks sympathetically.

          "Awful," I respond truthfully. My head still hurts, though not as bad, and my burns are the same way. I notice that she bandaged my hand. I pull up my shirt and see that she doctored my abdomen as well. "Thank you," I say.

          "You're welcome. You'd do the same for me."
           I'm about to ask her how long I was out, but there's a knock at the door. I start to get up, but Sparky gently holds me down.

          "I'll get it. You are staying in bed." She gets up, and glares at me as she walks out.

          I laugh and shake my head. I can't help but wonder who's at the door, so I do my best to eavesdrop. It's a man, and his voice sounds familiarly sexy... Oh my God! It's Colt! I get up as quickly as I can, just to hear the end of the conversation.

          "Sorry, Colt, but he's not feeling well," Sparky says. She sounds like my mom telling one of my friends that I can't go play.

          "Can I go see him, please? I just feel bad that I fell asleep earlier, so I'd like to talk to him for a minute," Colt says, sweetly.

          "Yeah, go ahead." I could almost feel her eyes rolling. Wow, I've known her too long.

          I get in bed at the speed of very slow lightning. Yeah, I have super speed, but I'm also injured, so I don't want to hear complaints.

          Colt knocks quietly, then comes in. I look over at him and act surprised to see him. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask, smiling at him. What can I say? He's freaking adorable.

          He sits down on the bed next to me, and I sit up. Even in sweats and a Glee tshirt (which I'm sure he did on purpose), he looks hot. "I just wanted to see you. I felt bad that I fell asleep earlier, sorry."

          "It's okay. You're beautiful when you're sleeping," my grin widens as he blushes. "I'm sorry that I had to leave so abruptly, so I guess we're even." He scooches a little closer. He's sitting across from me, so I feel like we are a million miles away from each other. "It's a bit cold in here, don't you think?" I ask, trying my best to look serious.

          He smirks, apparently catching my meaning. "I don't know. I think it's pretty warm in here." Oh my lord, he's teasing me!

          I shiver vigorously and chatter my teeth. "How about you share some of your heat with me because you're hot as hell." That was the cheesiest line I've ever used. It obviously worked, though, because he moves closer and gently wraps his arms around me.

Q