Chapter Four: How to Ask Out a Superhero

Colt's POV

I love working as a librarian. Not only do I adore books, but also I love the people. They like to bring in their sweet children, and sometimes, they even bring in their pets! It's wonderful. I also like our meetings that we have once a week. I get to see this super cute guy named Grant. I want to talk to him, but I never get enough courage.

At the meetings, I'm usually one of the first people there. I just sit alone for a while and talk to people if they approach me. I like these people, and I'm an extremely social person, but I like to wait for Grant. I don't want to be talking to someone when he gets there, just in case he wants to talk with me.

Today we have one of those wonderful meetings. I'm in my normal seat, when I see Grant walk in the door. He sees me and starts walking my direction.

"Hey, Colt," he says casually.

"Hi, Grant. How are you?" I ask enthusiastically.

"I'm fine. I was just wondering if you'd like to go get dinner with me tonight?" He rubs his neck and gives me a nervous smile.

"Of course! Where? What time?" I need to calm down. I'm getting carried away.

"A surprise? I can pick you up at seven o'clock sharp."

"Alright." I write down my address on a piece on paper and hand it to him.

"See you then," he says, and then he walks away.

I internally scream. I'm so excited about this date! I haven't been on a date since I got my powers. Hopefully, Killer Kool decides to take it easy tonight. I don't want him to ruin this date.