Epilogue

Epilogue

"Tonight, marks two years since the events of the cataclysmic fight between Killer Kool and Fighting Flame, which ultimately ended in both the hero and his sidekick's untimely death."

I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. Nothing but garbage and lies were on anyway. "Hey Spar-" I started to say, then remembered I was alone. Sparky left me after I had killed my mortal enemy, yet also my true love.

"How could you do something like this? He loved you! You couldn't just let him live out the rest of his life?" She screamed at me.

"It would've happened eventually. You don't understand. Now pour me a drink or get out."

She chose to take her things and leave without saying another word to me. I hadn't seen her since then. There are times when I miss her so dearly, and I regret every action that I made back then. I wish I had chosen Colt and lived a normal life with him, but I'm not normal. However, the perk of immortality is that I get to live with my decision for eternity. For the rest of that eternity, I will be alone.

I close my eyes, borderline off even though it's just mid-afternoon. Suddenly, the alarm I set up to alert of villains attacking goes off. Hurriedly, I put on my costume, even though I chose to reveal my identity. Walking out the door, I think about my choices and the ones this villain made, especially when we both know the consequences. I reflect on how the universe has had no mercy on me, so why should I show mercy to anyone who crosses me?

Author's note: This is indeed the last chapter of the book! Thank you all so much for reading!