Brithday Surprises

Requested by elleoverland2000

Michele's pov

Nothing.

Nothing all day. Not a text. Not a call. Not even a tweet. This may seem bratty but I should be able to act this way.

Hayes said he was going to be here for my birthday, and when he didn't show up I was sad but I was at least hoping for an apology text. Or even a late happy birthday.

I guess I'm not that important. But I'm not going to let that ruin my day. I adjust my choker and make my way downstairs where everyone else is.

 I adjust my choker and make my way downstairs where everyone else is

I see my mom talking to some of my old relatives. I walk over to a group of my friends and thank them for coming. We start a conversation and I get distracted. We eventually part and find something else to do and I walk into the kitchen.

I walk past the fridge and see a picture of me and Hayes at homecoming. I frown and rip it off the fridge, throwing it on the counter.

**

I sit on the stairs next to the front door, staring intentivly it. The party has been going on for about an hour and the last of my hope slowly drifts away.  I feel tap on my shoulder and my heart and face light up.

They shrink back down when I see my mom standing, staring at me with a sad look on her face.

"Baby, it's time for present", she says with sympathy.

I get up and brush my shirt off. I inhale deeply and put in my best fake smile. I see everybody sitting on the couches and even on the ground, smiling when I come in.

I sit in our big rocking chair that's surrounded by gifts. I pick up the first one and read the card.

*

I finally get through all of my presents, disappointed that none were from Hayes. My eyes fill up as my mom stops everyone before they leave.

"Wait, we forgot one gift",she says and I look at her confused as she smirks.

She pulls a huge box from behind the chair and sets it in front of me. I stand up not being able to see over the box, and start peeling the wrapping paper.

I finally reach the plain brown box and rip the tape. Before I can open the lid the top is ripped off from the inside, revealing a screaming Hayes.

I jump and smile when I see him. He climbs out of the box and scoops me up. I wrap my arms around his neck and cry into his neck as he holds me tightly.

I hear clapping and finally in tuck my face from his neck.

"Happy Birthday baby girl",he smiles at me.

"I thought you forgot",I say wiping my tears.

"Aw baby I would never forget. This is your big day",he grins widely.

"Come here",he adds and leads me into the empty hallway.

Everyone is occupied with something else that no one notices where we went. He stop me by my waist and pulls something from his pocket.

I see a little gray box with something I can't read engraved into it.

"Michele, I love you so much. You mean the world to me and I wouldn't trade you for anything",he pauses and opens the box. I gasp as I see a ring shaped like a tiara.

"Baby this is a princess ring. Because you're my princess and my promise. I promise to love you until the day I die. I promise to protect you for as long as I live. I promise to never forget a birthday",he says as we both chuckle.

"I love you",he says and slips the ring onto my finger.

I look up at him in disbelief and wonder what I did to deserve this. I roll the ring on my finger and look up at him.

"I promise to love you as well. For as long as I live",I say and step closer to him.

"Happy Birthday", Hayes smirks and leans in.....

----------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE. sorry im so late I had a shit ton of homework. I hope you like it.

Also, love is fucking stupid.

-Mac