Whiskey Lullaby

Requested by santanamccray34

Hayes' pov

She blames herself. Everyone else blames her. I blame her.

She's the one that did this to me. She broke me. She broke my heart. But I still love her. Through all the shit she's done and all the stuff we've been through together.

I still love her.

I down the last sip of whiskey out of my third pint. It's the only thing that numbs the pain, yet at the same time brings it back.

I stare at the picture of her in my hand. I loved her. No.

I love her.

I grab a piece of paper with my shaky hands and scribble some small yet meaningful words.

"I'll love her 'til I die"

I put the picture and the note on the pillow next to me.

I feel the cold metal I'm pressing against my temple. The last tear that I have falls down my face as I pull the trigger.

Her face fading into blackness.

*Santana's pov*

No one knows. No one knows how hard it is to live with myself everyday knowing I did that to him. I broke him. I blamed him. And I killed him.

People think I don't think about it, but truly that's all I think about. I can't get him off my mind.

I throw my empty whiskey bottle at the wall and pull my hair.

I can't do this anymore. I can't live with myself.

I grab his picture from the nightstand. I lay it on the pillow and think about my next decision.

I grab it from underneath the bed and stare at it in my hands. It has to be done.

I press the cold metal against my temple and calm down my sobs. Life is short, but this time is was bigger.

I pull the trigger and see his face fading away. The last thing I have left of him is gone.

*Third person's pov*

They found her with her face down in the pillow, reaching for his picture.

They buried her next to him beneath the willow as the angles sang a whiskey lullaby.

Every note hit with more meaning and sorrow then anyone could handle. The words filled with stories of there lives and the love they shared. But then again...

Love kills.

------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked it Santana, sorry it was sad.

-Mac