best friends?

Y/N POV

Today the love of your lif- I mean best friend Hayes Grier is coming over and you were so excited. You've had the biggest crush on him for forever and you wanted to tell him but as cliche as it sounds you didnt think he saw you the same way and you didn't want to ruin your friendship.

Your thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. *ding-dong* You peek through the blinds like the creeper you are to see who it is.

Shit.

It him.

You try to fix the rats nest on the top of your head before opening the door.
As soon as you open the door your greeted with those blue irises that you've come to love.

" Hey Y/N". Hayes says

"Hey Hayes ". You try to reply without studdering. God, he's so hot. ( a/n Girl I know) " come in". You say.

He steps in your house and you can't help but notice he seems nervous.

"So... What up", you say trying to break the awkward silence.

" I was actually wondering if your wanted to go to the carnival in town with me tonight", he said twiddling his thumbs.( lol 'twiddling')

"I would love to", you reply.

" Awesome, I'll pick you up at 5", hayes says as he pecks your cheek and runs out of your house, leaving you standing there with a huge grin on your face.

*a few hours later*

I woke up to my phone buzzing over and over again.

From Hayes
Hey I'm leaving now, be there in 20

From Hayes
HELLO!!!

FROM HAYES
ARE YOU ALIVE. ILL BE THERE IN 15

Shit, I fell asleep for like three hours, l've got to get ready. I changed into a crop top with sunflowers on it, some high waisted shorts, and a creme colored cardigan. When I was done with my outfit I plugged in my curling iron while I put on some concealer and mascara. By the time I was done me make up my curling wand was hot, so I put some loose curls in my hair, put on some perfume, and grabbed my phone.

I got done just in time because I heard the doorbell ring just as I hit the last step on the stairs.

I fixed my hair one last time and opened the door to find a handsome looking Hayes standing there. He had on some dark washed jeans and an aero t-shirt.

"Hey". You said

" hey , you ready?" He asked.

"Yep". You replied.

" hey wait", hayes said, looking down at your shirt.

"Yeah?", you stop and ask.

" you have food on you shirt", he says pointing to your chest area. You blush and look down at you shirt embarrassed, but just as you do he swipes his finger up poking your nose. You blush harder and laugh.

"Just kidding", he laughs.

You playfully punch his arm and make your way to the garage.

" Where are you going", Hayes asked chuckling.

"I'm trying to find my penny board", you say digging through your crap filled garage. Once you find it you head off with Hayes to the carnival.

*at the carnival*

You and Hayes have been at the carnival for about 4 hours and you've had the most fun you've had in a long time, but you can't help but notice Hayes being really stiff around me.

Hayes POV (surprise mothafucka)

Y/N looks so beautiful tonight. I can't wait to ask her out I'm just waiting for the right time. I look over at her and see her admiring one of the prizes for the ring toss game.

" you want that don't you?" , I ask her.

"Hm? Oh yeah", she says looking at me but then back at the prize.

" I gotchu fam"

I lead her over to the game and give the guy a ticket. "Watch this" I say cockily to her. She giggles and replys with "alright macho man".

I throw the ring and it land on the middle bottle. I throw the next two and they both land on bottles near the first one.

" Congratulations young man", says the game person, " here is your prize and a ticket for a free cotton candy" he says handing y/n the prize and me the ticket. I see y/ns eyes light up as soon as he pulls the prize down.

"Thank you, hayes", she says giving me a peck on the cheek. God she's adorable.

" welcome gorgeous ", I say watching her face turn red.

Y/N POV (sorry for the switch)

Mother of fucks he called me gorgeous. Okay, breath keep calm.

We walked away from the game with my awesome prize in tow, we get our free cotton candy and head towards the exit.

" Tonight was awesome hayes, thank you", you say.

"Your welcome. I had a lot of fun", he says. He glances down at you smirking as he locks his finger with yours.

Once you get to your front door step you turn to walk inside but Hayes grabs your waist and pulls you towards him.

" Hayes, what are you doing?", you ask enjoying the comfortable yet different position you two were in.

"Y/n, the reason I've been acting so weird tonight is because ive been keeping something from you", he stops to take a breath which only makes you think the worst, " I've been in love with you for forever but I didn't want to tell you because I thought you would never like me back and I didn't want to ruin our friendship an-"

You cut off his rambling.

"Hey, calm down geez it's just me. Hayes , l love you too I was just scared for the same reasons you were".

" Really?"

"Really"

"Well in the case, Y/N will you be my girlfriend?", he asked.

" of course", you reply.

As soon as you said that he leaned in and pressed his lips against yours ever so passionately. The kiss was sweet from the cotton candy and it couldn't get any better.

He pulled away and stared into your eyes. "I love you, y/n".

" I love you, Hayes"

He kissed you one last time before stepping off you porch and riding his penny board home.

You walked in the house smiling so wide China could probably see it and thinking,

"I finally got my prince"

Hayes POV

" I finally got my princess", I thought smiling to myself.