Chapter 21 Finding Out

Aquarius's pov

It was forth period now. Mr. Fray said we would be getting are lockers and gym clothes tomorrow so it was basically a free period. All twelve of us hung out at the bleachers and Aries and Leo started to talk.
"So we learned a little more about Zodiacs in our fire class." Aries said "Mr. Duncan said each of us has a power that will be unlocked sometime this year. The dude literally breathed out fire and melted tin cans."
"Really?" Libra said in shock "So we have powers?"
"Yes but that's not all." Leo said "We also learned that we are the fifth generation of Zodiacs and we got a letter to come to this school because the forth generation of are teachers generation one of them had died. They where Zodiacs. Mr. Duncan's full name is Aries Duncan. He told us that one of us had lost a cousin in a car crash and that they where a Zodiac and it was either they sacrificed themselves for their cousin or the fifth generation would not exist."
"N-no." I stuttered in shock "H-how is this possible?"
"Aqua!" Gemini said "What's wrong?"
"That was my cousin." I cried "She had made me go to this party with her and she got drunk and was behind the wheel and we got in a crash. Her name was Aquarius Summers, but we all called her by her middle name Jazz. I was named after her, that's what my parents say at least."
Scorpio pulled me into his arms as I cried and we continued talking.
"So because Aqua's cousin passed away." Pisces said "We became the new Zodiacs?"
"Yeah." Sagg said "But he didn't tell us what the point of are powers are, but one of us already has theirs."
"I think it might be Aqua." Taurus said "Yesterday we where walking down the hall and we heard someone so she ran fast down the hall and it ended up being some of the guys."
"It felt like a freezing wind had run past us the exact same time Aqua had ran." Gemini said "Plus there was no way for her to get behind us like that without us seeing her. It was like she runs as fast as the wind and can't be seen as she does so."
"Okay." I said "Maybe it has to do with my cousins passing. But what about the animals that pick us?"
"Not sure." Aries said "I'm sure Mr. Chase will explain it to us."
"I hope so." Cap said "We should try to figure out what signs are teachers are right?"
"Yeah." Virgo said "So we no two Aqua's cousin and Mr. Duncan let's ask Mr. Fray."
We all nodded and got up and walked to the other side of the gym to talk to our teacher.
"Mr Fray?" Cancer asked "Can we ask you a question?" He looked up at us and nodded his head "What Zodiac sign are you?"
"So one of your teachers told you huh?" Me chuckled "I'm Leo Fray."
"What about the animals?" I asked "And what are we suppose to do if we have powers?"
"The animals will assist you in battle." He said, battle "You learned about how everyone in the world is born under a certain sign. Well you see you represent the light at night because you are consolations other whys known as stars and stars shine bright. But there are creatures that lie in the dark ready to suck the power and life out of kids from your signs. Your job is to protect everyone under your signs for these monsters or the stars will fade and so will this world if they win."