Prologue

THE SECRET OF THE CAMPUS NERD
Written by: GirlIn_Red

Prologue

Dahan - dahan kong binuksan ang mga mata ko at unang bumungad saakin ay ang matinding sikat ng araw sa maliit na butas ng maliit kong bintana. Ramdam ko ang matindi kong pagod, at ang bigat ng buong katawan ko.

I swallowed the lump in my throat nang maramdaman ko ang kadena sa magkabila kong kamay.

Napapikit ako. They're not worth it. They're not worth it for your tears. Don't you ever cry. Don't be a weakling again. Kaya ka nila tinatalikuran dahil dyaan sa kahinaan mo.

Nakarinig ako ng ingay mula sa labas ng kwarto ko. I shakily took a deep breath nang marinig ko'ng muli ang mga boses nila.

"She's just a child! What the hell are you two doing?!"

"It's for her own safety -"

"It's not for her own safety like you always said! Kinukulong nyo sya! Sinasakal nyo! Baka nakakalimutan nyo, anak nyo pa rin sya! Bata pa rin sya -"

"You don't understand. She have that violet eyes of hers -"

"Don't tell me that you're doing this just because of -"

"Of course we will -"

"We're not living in a goddamn fantasy -"

"But we do believe it -"

I open my eyes, finally letting it stared at the small window. 

Yes. I'm just a kid. But look at what they did to me.

He's right. Of course, he's always right.

"Come with us, and i'll make sure that we will granted you the freedom that you wanted. And the revenge for all those people who hurt and tortured you."

Napakuyom ako ng kamao ko.

"They're just using you. They're scared of you. They're looking at you like you're a monster, but you're not. They always favor her and left you aside. But you're always the best and the crown is forever yours."

I gritted my teeth.

"Come with us. And help us win this war."

Finally, I smirk devily. 

_____

Author's Note:
This story was already finished in my drafts. Pinapublish ko lang sya ng paonti - onti. Thank you for reading :D