Explanation (Edited)

Brooke’s P.O.V.

“So, Phil, mind explaining how a god managed to take over our bodies?” I asked.

“I wouldn't word it like that. But, I have the sneeking suspicion that you already know how that happened.” Phillip said.

“I have read a few books about this kind of thing happening.” I admitted.

“Then tell everyone else how it happened.” Phillip demanded.

“Why don’t you? Unless you don’t know.” I suggested.

“I will explain as soon as everyone gets settled. Now, everyone follow me and I will show you to your rooms.” Phillip headed up the stairs, glancing back over his shoulder to make sure everyone was following.

Once we were all upstairs a simultaneous gasp erupted, even I gasped. Everything looked so expensive. Even the flowers looked expensive. There must have been at least fifty rooms in the mansion. We were only on the first floor out of maybe five, give or take a few, and there were dozens oof rooms. Phillip assigned us to our rooms going in boy, girl, boy, girl order. Phillip put Sophie and Austin in rooms right next to each other because they were twins, I suppose.

I believe that everyone’s room was designed specifically for that person because when I got into my room it was filled with books and whatnot. It was similar to my room back home, yet better. I don’t know how Phillip did it, maybe he used magic or had many maids and butlers? Either way, he made everyone feel right at home, I'm sure.

I checked in the closet and found clothes already in there. I checked the size and they were all right! That was kind of creepy. It gave the impression that Phil stalked us. I guess he assumed that we wouldn't have brought clothes of our own, so he gave us clothes. And got the right size. Did I mention how creepy that was?

After I inspected every aspect of my new room, I walked back downstairs and waited on a leather couch in the living room. Slowly, one by one, the others emerged from their bedrooms and sat down on the couch or paced across the living room. When everyone was there Phillip entered the room again and started giving us an explanation.

“I don’t know exactly how it happened, but I do know why. I also know that Pan told you why it happened. The only possible explanation would be a fight raging on at Mount Olympus. And as always, I was correct. They needed to find a place to hide so I’m guessing they thought that putting their soul in someone’s body and hiding their physical body would be the best way to hide. I’m not sure about all of the, um, fascinating details involved in the process, but I'll check on ways to get the god out.” Phillip explained as everyone listened intently.

“So, you’re telling us that the gods had no better place to hide than inside someone's body? And what about our abilities and personalities? Did we have them the whole time or it is because of them? Will they go away once the god’s soul leaves our body?” Sophie bombarded Phillip with questions.

“Your abilities and personalities are because of the gods, but they will not go away once they leave your body. Who knows? Maybe they just enhanced the skills you already had.” Philip replied.

“Oh.” Sophie replied with a small voice.

“I’ll give all of you time to digest this new information. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask. And stay in your quarters or in this room. I do not want anyone wandering this house. If I catch one of you where you’re not supposed to be, the punishments will be severe.” Phillip walked away while everyone sat there in silence.

Eventually everyone, myself included, went back to their room and thought about everything. I assumed that some people went to consult the others, but I stayed in my room by myself because I knew a lot about mythology. I needed to figure this out by myself, without any interruptions. The others might even bombard me with questions because they know I'm the 'smart' one.