The Hideout: Distaster

(Multiple P.O.V.'s)

Sophie's P.O.V.

Artemis ruined my peaceful dream. She turned it into a nightmare. I have absolutely no power over her, so she got her way. I have to choose someone or no one. She already knows who I will choose, but I don't know.

When I woke up, I was in my bed. I don't remember about being put in bed, but I assumed Jason or Anthony had carried me in. They are both so nice and caring, which makes the decision even harder to make. But, I do think I know the answer to that problem.

Later in the day, I decided to tell Anthony and Jason what had happened between Artemis and me. They weren't surprised. Only worried. Worried about who I would pick. Worried I would be stressing too much.

"I think I know the answer to the problem." I cut them off from assuring me they didn't care who I chose.

"What is it?" Jason asked.

"I'm choosing neither of you. I can't have just one of you. I need both of you. As best friends. Not boyfriends. It wouldn't be fair to anyone. And, I promise you that I won't get jealous of you  guys dating other people." I confirmed my choice.

"Fine by us. As long as your happy." Anthony responded with a wan smile.

I hated when people said, "As long as your happy". It always makes me feel like I made the wrong decision, but I never do. Having Anthony and Jason be my best friends is the perfect idea. Except I love them. They're both older than me, though. Anthony is fifteen and Jason is actually 16. They both can get girls easily.

"As long as your happy..." I repeat. "The thing is, I'm not happy."

"What do you mean?" Jason asked.

"It's too complicated. I'm going to go and...I don't know. Maybe take a walk." My voice sounded strained and distant.

I got off the sofa, then walked right out door, down the steps, and down the street.

It's amazing how much being possessed (If that's even the right word) by a goddess can change you. Yet, I like it. It's changed me but has made me stronger. But, it has also caused many problems. Many, many problems. One of the problems is that I feel like I'm losing myself. I feel like I'm losing everyone, especially my parents. They've called Phillip multiple times to see how we were doing. Phillip's told them that we've been enrolled in a school for the remainder of the year. I just can never seem to stop lying. I wonder if Vaughn took me and killed me, would everyone else's lives become better? Probably.

I stopped when I got about six blocks away. I would've kept going but Vaughn's van was parked at the end of the bock. As soon as I stopped, his goons jumped out of the car and grabbed me. I didn't struggle because I though what was the point? At least I wouldn't be causing anyone else trouble anymore.

Josiah's P.O.V.

Everyone has been worried sick about Anthony, Sophie, Austin, and Valerie. We've tried contacting them multiple times, but no one ever answers. I haven't tried calling them for about a day now, hoping that they received our message and would call back now. But, they didn't. So I decide to call them. Again.

On the third ring, Anthony picks up.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hey, Anthony it's Josiah. We are you?" I ask.

Anthony goes into this long story, explaining what's happened since we've last seen each other. Looks like they've had more trouble then we had originally anticipated. 

"And is everyone with you now?" I ask.

"No, not exactly. Sophie left about an hour and a half ago. She still hasn't come back. I'm worried Vaughn has captured her." Anthony explained quickly.