Peculiar Magic

Sophie's P.O.V.

I was walking across a long, navy carpet. There were ancient looking antiques hung upon the walls. Some of them had ancient writings on them that I tried to decipher, but couldn't. This is boring, I thought. What kind of dream involves just walking down an endless hallway? Then I remembered that this was just a trick of the mind. I was actually being...awakened-is that what you''d call?- by Phillip. 

Then my surroundings shifted. I was charging across a battle field...There were... minotaurs and werewolves and harpies and beasts of all sorts on the opposite side of the field. 

That was odd. What time period was this? Where was this? Most importantly, whose eyes was I looking through? 

Then I was running up the side of a pyramid, glancing behind me every so often, catching glimpses of hideous monsters chasing me. There was a man at the top with a black portal behind him. Once I, or whoever "I" was, the man pulled me into the portal with him.

Then I popped up out of a lake, swimming for my life. I could feel the anxiety of whoever this person was. A man popped up out of the water nearby. He had a grim expression on his face and then started swimming towards me. The water was freezing and I saw the man closing in on me. Once he got near enough, he pulled me underwater, where we fought until I got free and swam as fast as a dolphin to get away. 

Then the dream shifted and I was back in the endless hallway, nearing an end that seemed impossible to get to. Artemis appeared out of the dark and whispered, "Good luck" as I passed her on my way out. But the question was, what would I need luck for?

The my eyes snapped open and light flooded the room. I wasn't sitting anymore; I had risen off of my chair and was now bathed in a brilliant silver glow. The room now had smelled faintly like vanilla, mixed with the old musty smell of the basement. I felt strong, but completely drained.

"There. Now you're awakened. Did I mention that you'll be needing a lot of rest for the next week?" I shot him daggers (Metaphor) and he help up his hands apologetically.

"I feel sick." I held my stomach and closed my eyes.

"Come on, you can at least walk yourself back up the stairs." Phillip guided me towards to entrance and we started the long journey back up the stairs.

Halfway up the stairs the faint glow that had surrounded my body dissipated and I was now completely weak and tired. I almost tripped a few times, but caught myself before I could actually fall. Once we made it to the top, Phillip looked through a peephole, which I never noticed before, to make sure nobody was out there. Then he did his voodoo-magic and the door opened. I made my was towards the couch, where I would lay until I had enough strength to walk up the stairs.

"I'll go and get Austin and Anthony." Phillip told me as he walked towards his study.

I groaned in response and placed my hand on my stomach because I suddenly felt nauseous. Phillip could have warned me about this. But, no, he just said it would be a simple process, not a process where you would throw up afterwards. Austin and Anthony walked in about ten minutes later. Phillip took stoop in front of me and sighed.