Gardener (Edited)

Annabelle Cunning’s P.O.V.

I planted a tomato plant. Then I checked on my other plants. I pulled off an apple from my apple tree and rinsed it under the water. Then I took a big bite out of it and almost choked. I didn’t choke because it tasted bad. I choked because it was a hallowed out apple. There wasn’t anything inside of it, except a note written on ancient beige parchment.

I curiously took the note out and opened it up. It read, “Want to know why you’re so gifted with plants? Want to know why plants automatically lean towards you when you are near? I bet you want to know a lot of things. That’s why you have to meet me at the local park at 3:00 tomorrow”.

“Why would I go to meet some stranger?” I asked myself.

“You will go! You want answers! I know you do!” A shrill voice replied.

I slowly turned around and stared at a bunch of vines that had formed a mouth.

“Get away from me!” I yelled and backed away, heading towards my house.

“Annabelle, don’t be scared. We’re your friends!” The vines chanted.

“S-stay away!” I yelled.

“Make sure you go to that meeting. I promise you won’t be disappointed.” Then the vines went back to normal but I still ran back inside of my house, afraid they would come back to life.

I ran to my room and sat on my bed. Then I glanced at the note that I held in my hands. Maybe I will go so I can finally get answers, I though to myself. What could go wrong? I mean besides being kidnapped or murdered. What could possibly go wrong? A lot could, I reminded myself.

After fretting over whether to go or not I made up my mind and decided to go. I’d just have to wait until tomorrow to see the outcome of the meeting.