Ellie's Home (Edited)

Ellie Newman’s P.O.V.

“La la la.” I sang along to the song “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes while making chocolate chip pancakes.

The pancake mix I was currently using ran out, so I reached into the overhead cabinet and pulled out another box. Expecting actual pancake mix to come out of the box, I just dumped it into the water in my measuring cup. A note fluttered out instead of the pancake mix.

“What the…” I started to say.

I pulled the note out, carefully opening it. It read, “Want to know why you’re an excellent cook? Want to know why you feel safe and at home wherever you go? Want to know why you’re good with children and act motherly? Well meet me at the local park tomorrow at 3:00. All your questions will be answered then”.

I peeked back into the box. The pancake mix was there this time. The package wasn’t even opened.

I wondered what kind of person could be that skilled. I wondered who the person was. I wondered how this person knew how I felt. I wondered a lot of things. But most of all, I wondered would I finally get the answered that I’ve thirsted for my entire life.

I guess I’ll have to wait until tomorrow at 3:00 for all the answers to my questions to be revealed.