Got A Secret, Can You Keep It? (Edited)

Brooke's P.O.V.

After Phil rudely told us to go to our rooms, I snagged Annabelle, who had become my best friend, and lugged her into my room.

"I know why Sophie, Anthony, and Austin are so 'special?" I gloated.

"Why?" She asked.

"Promise you won't tell." After I made her promise, I told her what I knew.

"They have magical powers! Just like Phil!" I said in an excited whisper. Annabelle guffawed so hard, tears formed in her eyes.

"I'm serious!" I said sternly.

"Yeah, and I'm Superman!" She said sarcastically.

"Fine, don't believe me." I said in a hurt voice.

I was disappointed that she didn't believe. With all the knowledge that I had, I practically knew everything. Annabelle should know to trust me. She saw the disappointed look on my face and got serious.

"I'm sure we have powers, too, because of the gods inside of us. It can't just be them." She said, with a hint of jealousness in her voice.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you! It is just them! They have powers of their own! Even without the gods they would be different." I said, and was surprised to hear a note of poutiness in my voice.

"Well, why didn't Pan get them earlier? Why did he wait for the god to get inside of them? And why did he bother getting us?" Annabelle questioned.

"I don't know. That doesn't make sense, does it?" I titled my head, much like a confused puppy.

"I wonder if Phil was watching them the whole time. It's obvious that he knew that they had powers, all along." Annabelle noted.

"You're probably right. Phil, or whoever is in charge, most likely had someone watching them the whole time. But what about us? How did he know that there were gods inside of us?" I began questioning everything.

"He must have spies. Oh god, what if they saw us embarrass ourselves? They probably know all of our secrets!" Annabelle began to act paranoid and looked all around my room, expecting to see a camera.

"Chill out! I'm sure they're not spying on us now. They probably never were." I assured her.

"Then how did they know about us?" She countered me.

"We need to ask Phil." I responded.

"You're kidding me, right? Did you see how he reacted to Sophie and Anthony? I'm not going to ask him. You can if you want to." She crossed her arms.

"Please, Anna?" I begged. (Anna is Annabelle's nickname.)

"No!" She protested.

"Please!" My voice became shrill.

"No!" She repeated.

"Please!" I was almost shouting.

"No!" She wouldn't break.

I gave her my best puppy dog face. "Please, Anna? I really need you help."

"Fine!" She broke.

"Thanks, you're the best!" I gave her a quick hug.

"I know. I should better head to bed now." She walked out of the room, "Oh, goodnight!" She called over shoulder.

"Goodnight." I replied, but I'm sure she didn't hear me.

Today was quite uneventful. You know, until Derek Van, what was his last name?, broke in. Then Phil got all tense and did some magic. I didn't even know that Phil knew the guy, but they've obviously been enemies for quite awhile. I wanted to know what was the deal, though. How did he know we had gods inside of us. Was he spying on us? Did he have multiple spies? Was he even human? I know, I'm getting crazy ideas. That's how I get when I'm anxious.