Break In (Edited)

Sophie's P.O.V.

Anthony pulled me to the ground when the man shot something towards us. Everyone else ducked except for Phillip. He whispered something in an unidentified tongue and the object that the man flying through the air disappeared, turning into dust. Just like the note I had gotten that started all of this.

"Old tricks. I thought you would have upped them." The man made a "tsk, tsk" sound.

"What do you want?" Phil snarled.

"I just want to chat, of course," The man replied with false cheeriness, "What do you think I want, you imbecile? Think I'd come over for tea?"

"Leave us alone, Derek Vaughn." Phil commanded.

"And miss all the fun? I just wanted to taunt the gods. These children do possess their souls, or am I wrong? Wait, I'm never wrong! I thought I'd give them a warning: Your precious Mount Olympus will fall soon. I know you will not save it because you are too weak and wimpy. I'll make sure to tear it down piece by piece. I'll make sure that the gods will seize to exist. Soon, you'll just be myths and legends. Myths and legends no one cares about.

"Oh and, Sophie and Austin Turner and Anthony Lewis, you guys are special. That's the only reason I bothered to know your names. You don't just have a god inside of you. I'm sure Phil will tell you all about that. Oh, and don't worry, I'll definitely be back to cause havoc." Derek hopped out of the window and vanished into the night sky.

I was gripping Anthony's hand the whole time. I looked at Phil then at Derek. What was that 'Derek' dude talking about? Why are Anthony, Austin, and I so special? Phil marched over to the window and whispered a series of incantations. The window repaired itself and a light mist appeared around it for a single instant before it vanished.

"Phil? W-what was he talking about?" I stammered.

"I'll tell you when the time is right." Phil responded.

"I think now is the right time! That guy will keep coming after us. We need to know!" Anthony told him, outraged.

"Everyone return to your rooms," He demanded but everyone just stood there, "Now!" He barked and everyone scattered.

I pulled Anthony into my room and then found Austin and dragged him along. I was scared. That 'Derek' person already came after me and shot me with electricity, who knew what else he could do? Austin sat in my computer chair and Anthony and I sat on my bed. I grabbed his hand and held it the whole time we talked.

"I'm scared." My voice trembled.

"That guy said we're special, but how are we any different from the others? We all have a god-or goddess-inside of us. What else could we possibly have?" Austin asked.

"Well..." Anthony started.

"Well, what?" I pressed.

"You could try to ask Artemis in your dreams. If Phil won't tell us what else is wrong with us then we need to ask someone who would know for sure." Anthony suggested.

I shook my head, "No, I'm not doing it." I opposed the idea.

"Come on, Sophie. You have to!" Anthony urged me.

"No!" I protested.

"Please?" Austin joined in.

"No! I'm terrified of her! What if she does something to me?" There was a frantic look in my eyes.

Anthony played with my fingers. 

"Sophie, please? We need to know." Anthony begged me.

"Alright, fine! But if anything happens to me I'll be blaming you." I reluctantly gave in.