Helping Sophie (Edited)

Sophie’s P.O.V.

It was a searing pain that shot through my arm. I glanced at the gash and saw blood gushing out of it. The pain was almost too much to bear.

Austin’s P.O.V.

Phillip came into the room and saw Sophie’s arm.

“What have you done? Get away!” Phillip yelled at the harpy.

The harpy retreated and Phillip helped me get Sophie out of the room. Her hand was cupping the gash on her arm.

“I need to get her some ambrosia and nectar and some anti-bacterial cream. And a bandage or two, maybe four. I’ll be right back.” Phillip rushed off to who knows where and I brought Sophie to the living room.

I never noticed before, but Sophie was crying. She couldn’t wipe away her tear because she was too busy holding her bleeding arm. I also noticed that she was wincing occasionally and had a pained expression on her face. Phillip came back into the room and moved her hand away from her cut.

Phillip cleaned out the wound and put cream and gauze on it. Then he wrapped her arm in a thick bandage.

“Sophie, you need to give your arm a week to heal. After that you can use it but right now you can’t. Here, eat and drink this.” Phillip handed Sophie the ambrosia and nectar. She gulped it down.

“Why do you have a vicious harpy in your museum place?” Sophie asked.

“You should go rest.” Phillip was avoiding the question.

“Tell me why.” Sophie demanded.

“To keep children from wondering too far. If they saw the harpy they wouldn’t go snooping into any other rooms.” Phillip explained.

“So to keep them from snooping you have a harpy there to attack them?” Sophie asked incredulously.

“She wasn’t supposed to attack you.” Phillip replied.

“If snooping means getting seriously injured then I don’t want to do here anymore.” Sophie got up, accidentally putting pressure on her right arm, causing her to wince.

After I gave Phillip a dirty look, I followed Sophie. We got to her room and she opened the door with her left hand. Sophie sat on her bed and looked at me.

“I want to go home Austin.” Sophie said

“But we need to get answers!” I reminded her.

“What’s the point if we’re only going to get seriously injured or killed?” She asked.

“We need to do this if we want to get answers.” I said.

“But, Austin!” She whined.

“I’m doing this. You’re either with me or you’re going home by yourself.” I said with finality and walked out of the room.

Even though Sophie was hurt I still wanted answers. It probably would be best if she went home, anyway. As far as I knew, Sophie wasn’t extremely brave. I don’t think that she should be going through this kind of stuff because she was like my younger sister. In my eyes she wasn’t brave. Or strong. Or outgoing. She was just my little sister.