Twenty Seven

A/N
Hey again. Thank you wonderpj for reading this earlier. Thank all of you frens too. Stay alive |-/

***Josh POV***

    Tyler got up from the couch we had slept on and stretched. He walked out of the living room and went into the kitchen. I heard the sound of cupboards opening and closing.
“What’re you getting?” I asked him, standing up and stretching just like Tyler had.
“I don’t know. There isn’t anything.” Well, we hadn’t gone shopping in about a month, so that wasn’t surprising. Most of the time, we just went to Taco Bell or ordered pizza. Sometimes we would cook, but most of what we needed we could just get from the gas station nearby.
“Well, do you want to go to Taco Bell before we go to the store?” We would have to go to the store, and we didn’t have any plans, so it was a perfect day to do so.
“Not really. I’ve had enough tacos for a while.” Tyler answered. I walked into the kitchen and leaned against the doorway.
“Ummm… I guess breakfast will have to wait, then.” I said. Tyler nodded.

    We got ready to go to the store. I really didn’t want to go, knowing being in a place that large and flooded with people would make me anxious. However, I didn’t really have a choice. Tyler wouldn’t go alone. Well, even if he would, I wouldn’t let him. It worried me too much when he was alone, when he wasn’t with me.
“You ready?” Tyler yelled up the stairs. I was in the bathroom, staring at my reflection. Just the thought of being around that many people terrified me.
“U-Um, just one minute.”
“Hurry up or I’ll leave without you!” He yelled, and I knew he was joking. But part of me thought he was serious, and that part of me told me if he left, he wouldn’t come back. Ever. I turned the bathroom light off and hurried down the stairs.
“Okay. Let’s go.” I said, grabbing Tyler’s hand and opening the front door. Tyler turned the lights off and closed the door behind us.

***

Tyler and I walked to the store, hand-in-hand, without any problems. However, when we arrived… That was a completely different story. The store was so full of people, and I couldn’t handle it. The moment Tyler and I walked in, I couldn’t breathe. I felt like I was drowning in a sea of people, and the walls seemed to close in on me. I was shaky, and I started hyperventilating, panic kicking in.
“Josh? What’s wrong?” Tyler stopped walking when he realized I was shaking. He pulled me out of the way of everyone.
“I-I… I-I can’t-” I couldn’t speak. Tyler’s eyes were full of worry.
“Shhh… Let’s go outside.” He grabbed my hand when I nodded, and we made our way out of the large building.

    Tyler led me to a bench nearby, and we sat down. I leaned into his warm body, trying to catch my breath. My hand was still in Tyler’s. Tyler murmured comforting words next to my ear.
“Shhh… It’s okay. Were there too many people in there?” I nodded, and he lifted my chin up so I was looking into his eyes. “Hey. Don’t worry, we don’t have to go back in.” We sat in silence for a while, deep in thought. After a while, I stopped shaking so bad.
“Ty, can you sing for me?” I asked, my voice still slighty shaky.
“Of course.” Tyler said, clearing his throat. He started tracing circles into my hand with his thumb as he sang.

“Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can’t help
Falling in love with you.”

    He looked into my eyes and smiled. I smiled back. I loved this man so, so much. A life without Tyler wasn’t a life worth living.

“Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can’t help
Falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things were meant to be

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
‘Cause I can’t help
Falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things were meant to be

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
‘Cause I can’t help falling in love with you
‘Cause I can’t help falling in love with you.”

    Tyler’s voice was perfect for the song. He hit every note spot on, and I was lost in the sound. I listened intently. Tyler closed his eyes as he sang the last line of the song.

“But I can’t help
Falling in love with you.”

    Tyler finished the song. He opened his eyes and tears threatened to spill out. He put his free hand over top of ours, and when he put his head down, his tears fell onto our hands. Tears rolled down my cheeks, too.
“Ty, that was… Beautiful. I love you.”
“I love you too, Josh.” Tyler looked up and into my eyes. He leaned closer to my face and kissed my cheek. I loved Tyler so, so much.