Sixteen

A/N
Hey. That wasn't the end! I promise this gets better, trust me. Sorry this is such a short update today. Next one should be longer. Thanks frens. Stay alive |-/

*Josh POV*

     The doctor told me that Tyler wouldn't ever wake up. The doctor said that Tyler had been in a coma for so long, it was time to give up. I wasn't going to do that. I couldn't remember how long Tyler had been in a coma, but I knew there was still time. I wasn't going to give up on him.

     The night on the bridge was not something I would ever forget. When I saw him, he was just a boy on a bridge. He was just another suicidal boy, ready to jump. I couldn't stop him. He jumped. Luckily, he didn't jump from a place high enough to kill him. I made sure he got to the hospital. No one showed up. I had to stay with him. Then, I realized how beautiful this boy, Tyler, was. I wondered what he had to go through, what made him want to do it. I decided I had to stay with him, I couldn't ever leave him. So, I didn't.

     When the doctor told me that they were going to give Tyler one more week, and if he didn't wake up… They were going to give up. I went to the lobby area. I sat on a hard, fake leather couch, trying to keep myself from crying. A doctor appeared by my side after about an hour.
“Josh? I have some good news!” The doctor said, grinning.
“What?”
“Tyler woke up!” He talked more, but I didn't hear what he said. I stood up slowly, shaking. Then, I ran through the hallways until I reached Tyler’s room. Hesitating only slightly, I turned the doorknob and stepped in.
“Tyler?” I said weakly. There were so many nurses in the room, and I wasn't sure he was able to hear me over the noise. Tyler turned and looked at me. He screamed.

     “Josh?!” Tyler screamed. How did he know my name?
“Yeah? How'd you know?”
“Y-You… You…” He struggled to speak, to breathe. He just shook his head.
“Tyler, do you remember what happened? The night on the bridge?” Tyler froze.
“The night on the bridge?”
“Yeah. You remember?” Tyler started to shake his head, but stopped. He nodded.
“You tried to stop me… But I didn't listen to you.”
“Right.”
“I should have.”
“Yeah.” I cautiously walked over to Tyler and grabbed his cold hand. He tensed up, but after a moment, he relaxed. Without thinking, I traced little circles on his hand.

     We talked for a few hours. I learned a lot about Tyler. He opened up to me easily, talking about why he did it, why he jumped. I decided to open up to him too, and I told him about my anxiety and suicidal thoughts. He told me about his love for music, and he asked me if I played any instruments. I told him that I played trumpet and drums. Tyler told me he played piano, ukulele, guitar, and he sang. We talked until the nurses told me I had to leave. I really liked Tyler. Like, really liked him. I was sure I was in love.