41

Camilas point of view.

---------------------------

A loud, annoying continuous beeping sound woke me up.

Lauren's cardiac monitoring keeps on alarming. Still sleepy though, but i managed to stand up and pushed the call button connected to the nurses station.

I didn't noticed that i fell asleep beside Lauren. I checked at the clock, it's 10:10pm. I was alone with Lauren, her parents went out to eat dinner.

"Goodevening Lauren," I spoke then kissed her on the forehead. "You're cold baby," I said then lifted her sheets.

I looked at her monitoring machine. It wont stop alarming.

"Oh shit,"I noticed that Laurens cardiac monitor shows a 0-0 reading.
"Lauren, hey baby, whats wrong?"
I slightly shook her shoulders.

Hope entered her room. She lifted her eyebrows as soon as she saw Laurens readings

"Code blue!!!"
She yelled at the station outside Laurens room.

Suddenly it was a battlefield inside her room again. A group of nurses and doctors are reviving her again. Hope started giving Lauren chest compressions, while the other member of the team is checking her vital signs.

It was her third code. Her third cardiac arrest.

Hope glanced at me. She has this unsure look on her eyes.

"Help her please!" I said.

Hope nodded. "I will,"

"First dose of epinephrine given!"
One of the nurses yelled.

"Continue giving her cpr. Prepare dopamine, can someone give me another iv line?" Doctor Perkins yelled.

I don't understand what's happening. But i could see that they are doing everything. Laurens monitoring machine still indicates a 0-0 reading.

"Whats happening? I thought her condition was stable?"
Mr. Jauregui appeared behind us. Mrs Jauregui was crying beside him. Taylor was shocked, she quickly went out of the room. The younger one is traumatized. She cannot stand seeing her sister suffer while she was being revived.

"Taylor!" I tried to call her name but she was quick.

"Her condition was stable. But she's not yet fully recovered, anything could happen right now,"
One of the doctors answered. He was busy auscultating Lauren's chest.

"What do you mean that anything could happen?"I asked.

Doctor Perkins looked at the rest of the healthcare team.
"Anything could happen Camila. Lauren could survive or die at this point,"

"No!!!!!"
I heard Mrs. Jauregui screamed.
She was having a breakdown. She was sobbing on the shoulders of Mr. Jauregui.

I was speechless. It was the first time that the doctor actually told us about the "Dying" part.

Mrs. Jauregui keeps on crying. She's running out of breath.

"I'm sorry but, i am going to ask you to leave the room." One of the nurses politely asked.

Mr. Jauregui shook his head, but he went out of the room with Mrs. Jauregui.

I looked at Lauren, she looked exhausted. I shook my head a few times.

"No. I won't leave her. I will stay.."
I said firmly.

"Sorry but we will be needing you to go out Camila.." A nurse kindly spoke.