Birthday Special

Theme Song: Serge Gainsbourg - Bonnie & Clyde feat. Brigette Bardot

Laurent's P.O.V.

Today is Chloe's birthday and I want to make today special for her. I sent her with Alicia and Gene on a shopping trip so it gives me time to plan. I walk into Jacob's office to see him on his laptop. He has been working consistently, keeping the business afloat. 

"Hey, bro. You busy?", I asked, knocking on his door.

 "Of course not! Come in, Lau.", he said, closing his laptop.

 I grabbed a pineapple soda from his mini-fridge and sat down. "What's going on?", he asked. "Chloe's birthday is today and I wanna do something for her.", I say, honestly. 

"I'll tell you this, anything you do she'll love. She loves surprises. Besides, she's never had a birthday party. She never even celebrates her birthday.", he replies.

Hearing that shocked me completely. Who doesn't celebrate their birthday? "I don't have a clue but something tells me it has something to do with her childhood. I'd go with a surprise party.", he said, smiling.

 "Thank you, bro!", I say, dapping him before jogging out of the room. I called Naomi to set everything up. Tonight she will never forget this. It's all about her. I also made a mental note to ask her why she doesn't celebrate it. If it wasn't for this day, I wouldn't have her. She has been so distant lately. I won't lie, it hurts but I will put an end to that shit today. It's a big reason why her birthday makes her feel so negative and I'm gonna find out why.

Chloe's P.O.V.

I'm here shopping with my girls and we are having a blast! I can't remember the last time we all had time to just hang out. Naomi said she couldn't come because she had something to do, which is weird because she jumps at the chance to just hang out. 

"I still can't believe that my baby is engaged!!!!", Alicia squealed, looking at Genevieve's ring.

 I'm so happy for her and Larry. I've seen firsthand what Gene went through. Thank God Jacob offered her to work for him or she probably would've killed herself. "Gene, baby, I'm so happy for you!!", I said, smiling at her. 

"Thanks, guys! I still am in disbelief. I can't believe I'm getting married. First, I'm putting all my energy into Alicia's wedding. Have y'all decided on colors yet?", Gene asked as we went into La Mode de l'amour, a new lingerie boutique that they built in the downtown area of Sarcelles.

 "Happy birthday, munchkin!! This visit is my treat!!", Genevieve said as we walked to the corset section.

 "Awww thanks, guys. Honestly, I don't need anything. Y'all have already done enough.", I said, shaking my head as they dragged me to look at the beautifully designed corsets with matching panties. They've pampered me enough from lunch, manicure, AND pedicure, plus a new hairdo, which I am in love with, and some new shoes.

 They've pampered me enough from lunch, manicure, AND pedicure, plus a new hairdo, which I am in love with, and some new shoes