Preparation

Theme Song: Sade - In Another Time
Alicia's P.O.V.
The next morning, I woke up to something very different. I felt a strong pair of arms wrapped around me. I looked over to see Jacob sleeping soundly by my side. His grip tightened around my waist as he pulled me closer.

"Good morning, beautiful.", his husky voice whispered in my ear. "Good morning, my love.", I replied.

"I'm surprised that you're still here!", I said with a smile.

"I told you I'd make it up to you. Besides, I wanted to spend more time with you. I get tired of waking up like a thief in the night and not being able to just wake up next to you.", he said as he cuddled closer to me.

I giggled as I ran my fingers through his hair softly. It meant the world to me that he wanted to spend some quality time with me.

"I have to get ready for breakfast with Naomi soon.", I said remembering that I had promised her I would be there.

"Yeah, she came by earlier this morning. She said she had to do it another day because she has a very important meeting to attend to.", Jacob said with a smirk.

"Oh okay cool. So, what do you have planned for the day?", I ask as I lay on his chest.

"Well, I plan on spending the entire day with my baby.", he said smiling at me.

I ran my fingers through his precious curls as he closed his eyes, enjoying my touch. "That's adorably sweet of you, but don't y-", he silenced me by putting a finger to my lips. "They will be fine. I'm spending the day with you, little one.", he said.

"Okay, boss.", I said as I lightly hit him with a pillow. He turned to me and smirked at me.

"Oh, so you wanna hit people with pillows, huh?", he asked, getting out of bed, and inching towards me.

I glanced at the bathroom door and then back at him. In an instant, I dashed for the door, only for Jacob to pick me up by my waist. He lightly tossed me on the bed and began to tickle me mercilessly.

"J-Jacob!!!!!! S-s-stoooop!!!", I said while laughing. "I would.....but it's so adorable how you say my name.", he said as he began hitting me with a pillow.

This nigga here!! I grabbed the pillow and threw it on the other side of the room and hovered over him and began to tickle him. His laugh was like music to my ears! Especially since he was a man that didn't laugh often. I just wanted him to forget about the stress and the bullshit and just have fun right now...

Jacob's P.O.V.
I'm laughing like I haven't laughed in years!!!! It's like everything's so easy when I'm around her. We eventually stopped play-fighting with each other and I went to prepare a bath for both of us. Today was gonna be the day I admit my true feelings for her. Alicia walked in with a towel wrapped around her looking beautiful as ever. She stripped and we both got in the warm water.

"Alicia, I need to say something.", I said after moments of silence.

Then there they were. Those gorgeous eyes captured my attention the first time I saw them.

"Yes love?", she asked.

"I'm gonna make this simple. Last night, you showed me, yet again, how much you truly care about me. Alicia, I love you. I love you with my heart and soul. I know you've been through hell and back, and I just wanna take away all of that pain that those bastards put you through. I love you, Alicia.", I said as I caressed her face.

"Oh, Jacob, I love you too. I've felt this way for some time. I was just scared that you didn't feel the same way, and I was scared of rejection.", she replied as tears filled her eyes.

Wow, I'm so happy she feels the same way. I could never reject Alicia....ever. "Sweetheart, I could never reject you. Don't ever be afraid to tell me how you feel. Your opinion means EVERYTHING to me.", I said as I passionately kissed her.

Alicia's P.O.V.
My heart is full at this point!! I never would've thought that Jacob Perez would've poured his heart out to me!! Wow, it's official. We have claimed our love for each other. I love him and care about him. After we took our bath, we both got dressed and Jacob left because he says he has a meeting but he didn't say what for.

Suddenly, I hear a knock at the door, and in comes Naomi. "Hey Naomi, how are you?", I asked while hugging her.

"Not good, my love. I received horrible news last night.", she said in a shaky voice.

This alone startled me because usually, she's always so happy. "What's wrong, dear?", I asked.

She went to the door and locked it and made sure we were completely alone. "Someone is threatening me and Andre. They're trying to kill us.", she whispered.

"Are you serious? Jacob has told me that he fears someone is after him too! Is that why breakfast was canceled?", I asked.

"Yes, darling. I'm putting together an alliance because I refuse to allow someone to harm me or my husband. I'm going into training because I have to know how to protect myself. I have a feeling it's gonna be necessary.", she said sitting down.

"I wanna come too. However, I know that Jacob would never agree with it.", I said.

"Honey, Jacob, and Andre are in a conference right now as we speak and he's filling him in on all of that right now. Andre sent me here to get you. We have to pack because we are fleeing to Italy tonight to meet other members of our alliance.", she said as she grabbed a duffle bag.

"Let's hurry and pack, but don't pack too much so it won't be obvious that we're not here.", I said as I assisted her.

I've been pushed around all my life. Nobody and I mean NOBODY is touching me or Jacob. Not if I have anything to do with it.