The Night Before

Theme Song: Lord Huron - The Night We Met

Jacob's P.O.V.

I woke up at 5:45 A.M. I was extremely exhausted from last night. I went to sleep around 2 A.M. if I'm not mistaken. I sat up on my bed, rubbing my face with my palm. I slowly got up, walking across the room to my bathroom. I turned on the light, squinting as if the sun were in my eyes. As y'all can tell, I'm very dramatic in the morning! I heard a loud knock on the door.

 "Come in!"

"Mr. Perez, where do you wish for me to put the towels?", a maid asked, looking at me in a way that I took as odd and VERY unusual.

 What the hell was she staring at?!  I looked down to find that I was shirtless wearing only my pajama pants. You'd think they'd be used to it by now! 

"Just leave them on the table. I'll put them up later.", I said softly. 

 I slowly turned around. I felt that I was forgetting something. I closed my bathroom door and thoughts of last night flashed in my mind. I remembered her face. I remembered her. She had something to her that tempted me so much. She possessed a look of innocence and pureness. However, I couldn't let my thoughts go too deep because I don't know how old she is. I refuse to fantasize about a child. She's a little girl.

 I couldn't think of her like this. As much as my mind wanted to, it's completely unacceptable. I'm a man of power and I can have any woman I choose if I so desire. I needed to help her find who her parents were and return her home safely. Until then, she will stay here and I will treat her as if she was my own child. I scoffed at that last sentence. It's funny how I just referred to her as my child when I'm sitting here thinking about her.

 I showered and got ready for work. I was dressed in black pants with a red long-sleeved shirt. I'm really not concerned with fashion or impressing people. I just like to dress nicely. That's kind of funny to say since I'm a clothing designer. I snatched my briefcase and looked down at my Rolex and the time read 6:45 a.m. I rushed downstairs as the maids rushed all over the house. I went into the kitchen to see a big plate of fruits, toast with strawberry jam, and blueberry pancakes with a French Vanilla Latte, which happens to be my favorite breakfast. Once again, my thoughts went to the girl. Alicia. That's her name! Her name is so beautiful and mysterious and as tempting as her. 

Just the thought of her sneaking her little hands in the cold bucket of chicken made laughter bubble up inside of me as I took a sip of my Latte. I wondered when she would wake up. She must be a heavy sleeper. On the other hand, if I stayed on the streets, I wouldn't get much sleep either. So, I truly understand her pain. Poor thing, she's had such a hard life. I can tell just by looking at her. I want her to be taken care of because, at the end of the day, she's just a little girl. Well, not necessarily a girl but a young lady.  

"When Alicia...I mean my guest wakes up, please feed her and take her shopping.", I stated.

 The maid looked at me with curiosity gleaming in her eyes. "Yes, Mr. Perez.", she replied. With that, I took off, prepared to start my day.