Overjoyed

LAURENS POV:

finally it was June 12th. me and my friend hollIe were about to get on a ferry over to the isle of wight! we'd been waiting to se our idols for such a long time and now it was really happening. in around 5 hours the boys we'd fallen inlove with were going to be performing on a stage infront of us...HOW AMAZING!

I should probably introduce myself im lauen a 19 year old girl who lives in london with my friend hollie. ive known her since i was 3 years old and since secondary school we had been very close. we both like the same kind of music and go to as many concerts together as we can! this was the first time for me of seeing bastille & the 1975 but hollie had seen bastille live before and told me it was brilliant! my mum and dad had split up when i was 4 and since then, i havent seen my dad. i dont care really bcause my mums boyfriend alfie is like a dad to me and my brothers (WHO HAVE A DIFFERENT DAD TO ME.) so it seems just the same. i study drama at uni and hollie studies english literature so we both have quite creative minds except shes a lot smarter than me!

Anyway, once it got to around 6:30 we ran to the stage so we could get close enough to the stage as possible. the first few bands to play were ones me and hollie hadn't heard about before but they were really good so we enjoyed it just the same. the next band to come out had just been announced... 1975! Hollie screamed when she heard their names and within 2 minutes 4 tall goodlooking guys came onto the stage. Matt stood at the front closest to the audience, he wore his big leather jacket, black skinny jeans and converse which were black of course. Adam, Ross and George wore similiar things and they started to play my favourite song of theirs; girls!

Bite your face despite your nose

17 and a half years old

Worrying about my brother finding out

Where’s the fun in doing what you’re toldI said ‘No!’

‘Oh give it a rest, I could persuade you’

‘I’m not your typical, stoned 18 year old’

‘Give me a night I’ll make you’

‘I know you’re looking for salvation in the secular age, but girl I’m not your savior’

Wrestle to the ground.

God help me now because,

They’re just girls

Breaking hearts

Eyes bright

Uptight

Just girls

But she can’t be what you need if she’s 17

They’re just girls

They’re just girls

A pair of frozen hands to hold,

Oh she’s so southern so she feels the cold,

One moment I was tearing off your blouse,

Now you’re living in my house.

What happened to just messing around?

I said ‘Yo, I think I better go. I can’t take you’

‘You just sit and get stoned with 30 year olds and you think you’ve made it’

‘Well, shouldn’t you be fucking with somebody your age instead of making changes?’

Wrestle to the ground.

God help me now because,

They’re just girls

Breaking hearts

Eyes bright

Uptight

Just girls

But she can’t be what you need if she’s 17

They’re just girls

They’re just girls

I told her from the start,

Destined to be hard.

I told her from the start

I’m breaking your heart

Destined to be hard

I’ll break your heart

I said ‘Yo, I think I better go. I can’t take you’

‘I know you’re looking for salvation in the secular age but girl I’m not your savior’

‘Well, shouldn’t you be fucking with somebody your age instead of making changes?’

Wrestle to the ground.

God help me now, because

2x

They’re just girls

Breaking hearts

Eyes bright

Uptight

Just girls

But she can’t be what you need if she’s 17

They’re just girls

They’re just girls

Because they’re just girls… 

me and hollie didnt stop smiling all the way through their set. everyone of their songs was beyond perfect and at one point matt winked at hollie and she cried. It was such a brilliant first night at the Isle of Wight. at 2 AM everyone had left so me ad hollie stumbled back to the tent because we needed to get rest for an amazing day tomorrow with Bastille performing!

OKAY, SO THIS IS THE FIRST FAN FICTION I HAVE EVER WRITTEN. HOPE YOU LIKED IT :D SORRY I DIDNT REALLY INCLUDE BASTILLE IN THIS ONE, BUT THE NEXT UPDATE WILL :')