Graduation

LAURENS POV:

Finally the stress of university was over. We were done!

"Can you believe it's all over!" Hollie laughed as we all sat at the table eating breakfast.

"No!" I screamed happily. "Seems like we started a few weeks ago."

"I know how can it be over already!" Hollie laughed. Later we were going to our award ceremony and then kyle and dan had planned a graduation party for us with everyone there.

"I'm gonna go get ready!" I giggled placing my bowl onto the counter and running upstairs. I looked In my wardrobe and there was my outfit planned for today. I quickly put on my black dress and heels soon to be covered by a long maroon cloak. I didn't put too much effort into my hair because I would have my graduation hat on soon so I straightened it and let it down.

"Hey!" Kyle said walking in as I was applying my makeup."you excited?"

"Yes!" I laughed. Once I was ready I went downstairs. Kyle came down after shortly followed by dan and Hollie. Hollie looked stunning, her hair was in loose curls down her back and she was wearing a black dress and cute heels. Dan and kyle were just in their normal clothes.

"You look great. Very smart." Hollie laughed sarcastically to the boys.

"You really think we own anything else?" Dan smirked. It was around 11 so we decided to go. Kyle drove and it took us about 20 minutes with his slow driving.

"Could you drive any slower!" I teased. He smirked before parking up the car.

As we got out someone jumped on my back.

"Ahhh!" I screamed turning around. "Charlie, it's you! You scared me" I introduced him to everyone, he was in my drama class. We all walked into a big hall and me and Hollie had to sit at the front.

"Bye babe, good luck!" Kyle said kissing me.

"Thankyou see you soon!" I laughed before running off to the front with Charlie and Hollie. We were given our robes and hats. I felt so posh, I had dreamed of this day my whole life. I was so nervous for this. I didn't tell anyone, but I had been elected by my classes to make a speech, I had written it and it included my mum and I was sure I would cry. I sat down on a bench next to Hollie and we looked over at the boys who were in front row. Woody and will had arrived and we gave them a big thumbs up. Me, Hollie, Charlie and jona (a girl in hollies English class) started to talk amongst ourselves until loud music started and our professor stood up and started to talk about the school. I looked over at the boys they were staring at him trying to act sensible. I laughed to myself, what idiots.

KYLES POV:

The professors speech went on for ages. Once it was over a few people were called up one by one to make a speech. They were all very sweet and emotional. I looked over at Lauren who had just stood up. I gave her a confused look and she giggled and headed up onto the stage. Hollie looked over at us, just as confused as we all were.

"What!" She mouthed before turning to face Lauren.

Lauren smiled and put a scrunched up piece of paper on to the stand infront of her.

"Hi." She smiled. "Strangely I am one of the few people who are making a speech for today. I have no idea why, I'm quite a boring person, but I have tried as hard as i could to make this speech interesting." Everyone around laughed and so did Lauren.

"I have been here for 3 years now and believe me, it has been the most amazing three years of my life. Yes, in this time I have made so many wonderful friends, got my heart broken and lost some people I have truly loved. But that's all part Of the experience! I'm just so amazed that we've all done it and everyone we love is here today to celebrate it with us." As she said this she gazed over at me and smiled. "I just wish my mum were here. My mum passed away recently and it was the worst thing, but she is here, she's watching and that's ok." She wiped away a few tears and so did will. "Sorry to make the speech turn sad." She laughed causing the room to smile. She carried on with her speech and at the end it had nearly everyone in tears. She sat back down next to Hollie and Hollie gave her a cute hug to tell her how well her speech was.