Twelve

POV: Seokjin
"I mean, like, as a couple, of course. As husband and wife, what do you think about us?" I asked nervously.

"Oh, r-right, of course! You guys are so cute together, seriously!" she beamed. "You guys are perfect for each other, and Jungki is also the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life! But, why are you asking me this all of a sudden? Doesn't it seem a bit odd?"

"Ah, no reason at all. I just wanted my best friend's opinion on it, am I right?" I scratched the nape of my neck awkwardly. "I don't really know why I actually asked that, sorry."

"Ah, that's fine, Jin. I know we all get a bit crazy sometimes!" she punched my arm lightly. "Maybe this parenting thing is kinda getting to your brain, eh? Perhaps, you're not ready to be a father?"

"Don't be stupid, Kimi," I shook my head. "Of course I'm ready to be a parent! I already am, technically. It's just that... it's just that something has been bugging me for a really long time and..."

"Care to share?" she asked nonchalantly, getting out of the elevator. "Hang on, shh."

"Miss. Kimi?" a lady asked as she stood up. "Is it my turn to go in now?"

"Yes, Mrs. Choi," she bowed. "I am awfully sorry to keep you waiting, but Dr. Kim is ready to see you now."

After countless errands going back and forth around the hospital, Kimi had her half an hour break, in which she got some food from the hospital café.

"Do you want anything to eat? I'm ordering right now, so if you want something you better make it quick," she asked, ordering a cheese panini. "I don't have enough spare change... can you give me 10p?" she asked, rummaging through her purse.

I fished a silver 10p coin out of my pocket and handed it to her as she paid for her food.

"Do you have any cute pictures of Jungki on your phone?" she asked eagerly.

"Why are you so obsessed with my daughter, you weirdo?" I chuckled, handing her my phone as she scrolled through countless photos of Jungki and Chairi together.

"Damn, she's adorable!" she giggled, pointing to a photo where Chairi had Jungki on her lap, Kairi squishing her chubby, little cheeks.

"Chairi wants twins, apparently,"
I sighed. "She wants more kids, and I want more kids, so-"

"Woah, woah, woah! Hang on, hang on," she stopped me. "You just had a child, and now you want more? Who are you, Oliver Twist? Asking for more?" she laughed.

"Oh, shut up, Mr. Bumble," I rolled my eyes. "I'm just saying that we want more children, preferably soon, haha."

"I understand that you want to raise a big family, but what's the big rush for? You have the rest of your lives to build up a family and a long-living legacy, so why are you rushing everything as if you're gonna die tomorrow? Are you waiting for something else in your life to happen afterwards or something?"

I'm waiting for him to become legal.