Fifty Five

POV: Seokjin
"Kookie!" I swear I almost fainted when I saw my poor, little Kookie being pushed along in a wheelchair. "What happened to your legs, baby boy? Can you not walk anymore?"

"I-I don't think so." his voice came out monotone and dry, it was nothing but a weak whisper.

"I'll take him from here, thanks," I quickly bowed to the assistant while my fingers clasped around the handles to his wheelchair. "Don't worry... I'll make sure you get better, okay? Don't you worry about a single thing,"

When we got back to Jungkook's hospital room, I carried him onto the bed, bridal style.

"You okay?" I asked, shutting the door behind me with a sigh.

"I should be okay," he nodded, uncertainty masking his face.

"Do you feel nauseous or dizzy? Anything like that?" I asked, examining his physical state. He really did look extremely pale- it was crazy.

"K-kind of... I don't know, Jinnie. I just feel so sick!" he groaned, moving about in his bed. "I don't want to stay like this!"

"You won't! I promise, you won't! I'll do my absolute best to get you better, alright? Even if it costs me my own life, I'll do it, because you're the most important person in the world to me, okay?"

"Thank you," Kookie sniffed, crawling into my arms.

"Doctor! Doctor Kim!" a voice yelled. I swear every time me and Kookie were alone together, some new drama had to happen elsewhere, somehow involving me.

"What is it now?" I heaved a sigh, when my little intern dashed into the room.

"Somebody wants to see you, doctor. Right now." he declared.

"W-who? A patient?"

"No, I don't exactly know who she is but she said she used to work here, and requested to see you espec-"

"Oh, my fucking goodness," I rolled my eyes. "It better not be her or I swear..."

"Doctor, are you o-"

"Where is she?" I demanded.

"Sitting by the front desk in reception. She looked quite angry whe-"

"Okay, I don't care. Stay here, Kookie. Don't die on me. You take good care of him while I'm gone, understood?"

The intern nodded. "Take your time, doctor. No rush."

But it seemed like nowadays, life was a whole game of rushing everything.