Forty Three

POV: Jungkook
"Cancer?! It couldn't be! It really couldn't be! Anything else but that, I beg of you, Jinnie! Tell me that it's all some sort of cruel joke and that I'm actually completely fine! Please!" I shrieked, tears welling up in my eyes.

I refused to believe it.

"You know I would never joke about something as serious as this, Jeon Jungkook." Jinnie replied sternly, his facial expression suddenly looking more dark and scary.

"I-I, no! It can't be!" I shook my head furiously, having a mini temper tantrum on the floor.

"Come on, Jungkook... You have to get a hold of yourself right now. I know, I understand that the news is shocking, and I'm going to do everything I can to help you get better, but you've got to listen to me first. Here, take my hands, I'll help you get up."

He took out both of his hands, reaching out towards me as I weakly held onto them and hoisted myself up. I stumbled a little bit, but I managed to stand upright properly.

"Am I sick, Jinnie? Am I... am I going to die?"

My voice trailed off into nothing but silence and heavy breathing as my salty tears took its place.

"No, baby... shh, come here," Jinnie said quietly, wrapping his arms around me. "Baby boy, shh, you won't die. I promise that I'll do everything I can to make sure that you'll be better, and so you won't die, even if it makes me die instead. I'd give the whole world for you, I'd give my own life up just for you to be healthy and happy, baby, and you should know that. I'd sacrifice everything I have so that you'll be alright again! I promise, Kookie, I promise!"

I was lost for words.

"I... I... Th-thank you..." I stuttered, more tears filling my eyes as I desperately tried to wipe them away. "I... I love you so much, Jinnie! I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here..."