Thirty Four

POV: Seokjin
"Uhm..." I stood still. "W-wait, what?! You put me on a dating site?! Without my permission? Kimi, what the hell?"

"C'mon, Seokjin, lighten up a bit. This very site," she tapped the screen. "Could help you find true love again! Trust me, it'll work!"

"And how do you know that, exactly?" I asked suspiciously.

"Remember Jimin, my boyfriend? I found him here! And now he's my fiancé!" she smiled. "This thing will work wonders for single people like you, I can assure you that. This site is magic- see, you've already got a suitable match!"

"Huh? I've only been single for barely any time... can you stop acting like I was dumped years ago? This is still kind of a recent, touchy subject for me."

Out of nowhere, there was a bright pink notification flashing on the screen, making my eyes hurt.

"What does that mean?" I asked, staring at the notification.

"You see, this site will generate potential suitable matches for you according to your hobbies, interests, type of person, etc, and it'll only give you people that they think will be compatible with you. See, look at this girl, for instance, your first match. Nam Lola, she's a paediatrician as well, just like you! She likes singing, dancing, and her compatibility with you is seventy eight percent! That's pretty high for your first match, honestly."

"So, this thing is just gonna give me 'matches' with random girls all over the world? How the hell is that gonna work?"

"No, no, it's just people local to you," she started clicking on the girl's profile, skim reading it. "Hey, this Lola girl actually works in this hospital! See? Do you see how crazy it is that the computer can generate such local matches to you? Ah, the Internet truly is amazing!"

"I really don't care. Sorry, Kimi, but I'm just not interested in finding a new partner... it's been, what, maybe a mere month since Chairi broke up with me? I'm just not ready to find someone new at the moment, sorry. I appreciate you trying to help me, but I'm just not interested in that sort of thing. I'm not a fan of trying to find love over the Internet."

"Please... I know it's all a bit sudden, I get it, but at least give it a go. Who knows, maybe you'll end up liking it? Try it, at least. That's all I'm asking you for."

Last time she said those words, it was about me stopping my love for Jungkook. I remember it so clearly, when she messaged me. It felt like yesterday, but it was actually three years ago. It's crazy how time flies so fast, when you realise just how much drama has stirred up over these past few years.

Absolutely crazy.

"No, Kimi! Forget it," I shook my head, but I felt bad for shooting her down, seeing as she had tried to cheer me up. "Ugh, okay, fine. Get me a date with this Lola girl, then. But only this once!"