Fifty Six

POV: Seokjin
"We need to talk. Now."

The familiar, slim figure stood in front of me with one hand on her hip and the other one pointing right towards my chest.

Her dark brown hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head, and she was dressed like somebody who just came back from a job interview. She looked the same as she did when she left, but something about her didn't seem quite the same.

She had a displeased and frankly annoyed expression on her face and her lips were slightly pursed. Her eyes were staring straight into my soul, as it almost made me move backwards in fear.

"What do you want?" I asked sternly, getting to the point. I already knew what she was going to say, and I was prepared for it, but she frightened me all the same.

"Oh, you know what I want, and I want it back right now!" Chairi scoffed, her hand creeping closer towards me.

"Honestly, I don't know what you're on about. Go back home to your three little chil-"

"Four," she corrected me. "Four soon."

I staggered back in shock. My eyes immediately wandered around her stomach, and I could see it wasn't just some mild bloating- she was pregnant.

"I really don't care about your new volleyball playing boyfriend or his unborn kid." I deadpanned her, giving up continuing with this conversation.

"Baseball! He's a baseball player, for goodness' sake!" she shrieked.

"Whatever. Anyway, just leave. You don't work here anymore, and you're not sick- well, maybe in the head you might be, but regardless, I don't care. Leave, Chairi. I've got a very special patient to be looking after right now and I thought you never wanted to see my ugly face again."

"For fuck's sake, it's that slutty, filthy little kid Kimi was talking about, isn't it?! The kid that fucked up everything for us!" she snapped, her voice sounding even worse than the time she divorced me.

"Kookie isn't slutty nor filthy, so you can shut the fuck up! Please, Chairi, don't start this kind of shit in a hospital!"

"So you call that motherfucker 'Kookie', do you? You disgusting, fucking paedophile. I don't know what I saw in you when I fell in love with you, because you've just been a perverted creep this whole time. Lucky I never let my kids see you, I've done them such a huge favour. God, I knew my ex husband was fucked up in the head but I didn't think he was this bad." she sneered, forcing out a sarcastic, dry laugh

I'm not a paedophile, I swear.

"N-no! It's not anything like that! I'm not a paedophile! I'm not what you think I am! Please, I-I'm not a paedophile, I'm still the same person you met all those years ago! I'm still me!" I begged her like this cost me my whole life. I had never sounded so broken and so desperate like that before, ever. I didn't even want her back, yet it sounded as if I did.

A huge burn rushed across my cheek within seconds.

"What, and you think I believe that?" she cackled. "Fuck off, Seokjin. You're a creepy, screwed up motherfucker and I'm so glad I left you. You didn't even love me, did you? Your heart was always set on that little nuisance, I could tell right from the start."

"Maybe not at first, but I learned to love you! I loved you so much, Chairi, I really did..." my voice trailed away because I realised I had nothing left to fight for; it didn't make a difference either way.

"You're hilarious, Seokjin. Absolutely hilarious. I really won't stay with someone who doesn't even love me, so if you're trying to win me back, believe me, it's not fucking working. Now, give me back my money and let me have a little chat with that kid."