Twenty Four

POV: Seokjin
"Seokjin, what happened?" Chairi asked me when I got home from work. I had an angry frown plastered onto my face all day, and she wasn't stupid- she could tell straightaway that I was upset.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone," I mumbled back, not even bothering to look at her. "I'm fine."

"Oh, Seokjin, don't use that tone with me! I know that something is up," she sighed. "What happened at work? Is it about those scars on your arms?"

"H-how do you know?" I stuttered, a baffled look on my face. "How do you know?" I repeated soon afterwards.

"Kimi's doing a good job of taking care of you when I'm not there to be with you. I'm glad she's trying, at least," she smiled weakly. "But please, don't hide anything from me, okay? Why would you do that? It hurts me... a lot, to see you in this state."

Her hand reached out to me to help, but due to my first instincts, I slapped it away.

"N-no, get away from me!" I cried, my body trembling and shivering. "I'm fine! I'm fine! I am completely fine!"

"Tell me, Kim Seokjin, what the hell is wrong? What's happened to you?! Why are you acting like this all of a sudden? Did something bad happen at work? What's wrong?" she yelled, eyes glued to my frowning face.

"I'm... fine," I breathed deeply. "I am fine, you do not need to worry about me anymore. Anything you say or do will not help me at all, so please just leave me alone," I turned away. "It's not like this problem of mine can be fixed by you."

"Seokjin, don't," she shook her head. "Whatever it is, I can help you, can't I? I'm your wife, just-"

"You can't help. Trust me."