Forty Two

POV: Jungkook
I heard people yelling, panicking and saw people towering over me with worried faces.

"Are you okay, young man? Do you think you can stand up or should I move you to a hospital bed to rest on for a bit?" a soft voice asked.

"Is he alright? Did you see him? He fell, just like that! It's so scary to see that happen, let alone have that horrendous thing to happen to you!" another voice cried.

"Shh, it's okay... you'll be fine, just don't make any sudden moves, understand? You'll have a bit of a mild headache and feel dizzy for a while, so just stay put, okay? Only got a little bit longer, I promise. Then, you'll be alright again!"

However, there was one voice that I recognised straightaway.

"Kookie! My beautiful, precious Jungkook! I-I can't believe it!" the voice wept, kneeling down in front of me with watery eyes. I couldn't see that well, especially since my vision was a bit weird at that moment, but I could recognise that comforting voice anywhere.

"J-Jinnie?" I spluttered out weakly, clutching the air with my fist for help. "Is that y-you, Jinnie?"

"It is, Kookie, it is!" he yelled, blinking rapidly as my vision slowly started to come back. "Tell me that you're alright, Kookie! Tell me that you can see me!"

"I-I can, Jinnie... you look the same, you haven't changed at all, have you?" I chuckled slightly.

"Am I still the same handsome man you first saw nine years ago? Or am I even hotter?"

"Oh, Jinnie... you're absolutely stunning and you know that! You're perfect, Jinnie! Even from the moment I first laid my eyes on you, I..."

"You...?"

"I knew that I would end up loving you... in the way that you wouldn't exactly expect from a normal eight year old," I sighed.

"You know that 'normal eight year olds' don't exist, right, Kookie? Nobody is normal, especially eight year old boys!" he laughed.

"Sure, sure!" I laughed with him.

"But... I loved you too. I loved you in shame and embarrassment because I understood right from the start that it was morally wrong, that it would mess up everything, that it wouldn't ever work in a million years..."

"In that way?"

"I'm fucking disgusting, Jungkook. I'm disgusting to have thought about you in a way that wasn't just friendly, family-like, but something that I hope we could have later on in life,"

"Well, aren't we 'later on in life' now?"

"I suppose so," he shrugged.

"Will it work?"

"You're underage, Kookie."

"Barely! Plus, I don't care. If it's with you, I couldn't have cared less if this happened nine years ago. I would still want to be with you forever. I love you, and I always will."

"Oh, Kookie..." he sighed, breaking eye contact with me as his eyes shined. "Have you seen your results, baby? You've been tested positive for cancer!" he shrieked, bursting into tears.

"C-Cancer?!"

shit gets too real when you write about cancer yikes

Back in Y3 (I was like 8 or 9?) a friend of mine got leukaemia and sadly he died within days of knowing that he had it to begin with and it was just really shocking

and he was amazing at piano and he was just an awesome kid and it kinda makes me cry thinking bout him because he would have gone on to do crazily good things in life but he never will be able to do that :((

anyway enough with the sad story because this is getting too real

I know this is a jinkook story but like look at those two beauties

AHHH THE LIFE OF A JINMIN SHIPPER