Eight

POV: Jungkook
"Jinnie! Jinnie!" I yelled, running over to the infirmary, where he usually was, but when I went inside, there was somebody else who wasn't Jinnie.

"Hello, there, young man! Do you need something?" the lady asked. She was wearing a white cloak, like Jinnie always wore, and it made her look like a witch of some sort.

"You're not Jinnie!" I exclaimed with a huff. "Where is he? He was here yesterday... he's always here!" I pouted. "Why have you replaced him?"

"I'm not replacing Jinnie," she shook her head. "I'm just filling in for him, because he's sick today. He's got a fever, so he needs a day to rest. My name is Se-Eun. What's yours?"

"I'm Jungkook, but you can call me Kookie," I smiled proudly. "I'm eight... nearly nine, though!"

"Oh, when's your birthday then?" she asked me. "Mine is on the twenty first of November."

"Mine's on the first of September," I put up one finger to show her.

"Well, then, you've actually got another two months before your birthday!" she laughed, pointing at the cat calendar that hung on the wall. "It's July the first today, see? In two months exactly, you'll turn nine! Isn't that exciting?" I nodded.

She certainly wasn't Jinnie, but she was still really nice. We kept talking for another few minutes, until I heard somebody bursting in through the door with a pale, chalk-like face.

"Jinnie?" I questioned, seeing the purple eye bags that stood out against his snow-resembling skin. "I thought you were sick? Why are you at school when you're sick? You have to stay at home and get better, okay? Why are you here?" I frowned.

"I don't think that I could go a day without seeing my most favourite person in the world!" he beamed, coughing in between his words. "I am feeling better than I did before, so don't worry... I'm okay!"

"Are you sure?" Se-Eun asked, but he told her that he was perfectly fine after taking some antibiotics and resting for the whole morning. "Alright, then. I'm gonna get back to my duties, and I'll see you around!"

She said 'bye' and left the two of us awkwardly standing in the infirmary.

"How are you feeling now, Jinnie?"

"Amazing, now that I'm with you," he smiled, pulling me in for a hug. "I missed you, cutie." he ruffled my hair.

"I missed you too!" I answered back, kissing him on the cheek.

He felt like family to me, but something in my heart was telling me that I wanted a bit more than that. For an eight year old, that seemed absolutely bizarre to be head over heels for somebody who was fifteen years older than you.

However, I didn't want to be family-zoned. That was the one thing I wouldn't tolerate from Seokjin.