Sixty One

POV: Jungkook
"I'm just going to remind you now that your paedophile lover still owes me back my money. You better tell that to him or I will personally go and kill him myself, because I've had enough of his shit. I changed my PIN number, I have no fucking idea how he managed to get ahold of my credit card... what a cunt." muttered Chairi, before turning her head and walking away.

Days went by and I still hadn't heard a thing from Jinnie. He was starting to scare me when a whole week went by and still, no luck. Whenever I woke up, I prayed that somehow, he'd be standing next to my hospital bed with his usual bright smile, but he never did.

"D-do you know where Jinnie is? Is he ever going to come back, do you think?" I asked dryly, throat going sore.

My whole body was weakening as well as my soul- I was feeling pretty hopeless at this point, since all I was doing was breathing. I didn't ever bother to read, or watch TV, or play games or anything. I didn't have the energy for that anymore.

Maybe I found out that I was sick a little bit too late for any doctor to cure me.

Eventually, I stopped taking the medication and the injections that Jinnie had left behind for me, because I realised there was no use. If Jinnie wasn't going to come back, there wasn't any point in trying to live.

I'll never find someone like him ever again in my life and I knew that. I wished and wished for him to magically appear again, but wishes don't come true.

"I don't know," Kimi said quietly. "He got sacked, after all. He'll just get kicked out again if he tries to come in. I think he'll come back if he loves you just that much, though."

"Did you really love him?"

She paused. "Yes... I did. A lot. And I'm very ashamed that I did. I shouldn't have caught feelings for somebody who was married to one of my colleagues, for somebody who was in love with... somebody else, other than me. I knew your father, you know. I know that he's gone now and I never met you before, but he was a nice man."

So, this nurse knew my dad? Yet, she still went ballistic at me, regardless of whether she was acquainted with him or not. I knew she would've hit me too if Jinnie didn't come and help me.

But, Jinnie hit me as well.

It hurt me physically of course, but it also felt like he was trying to crush my soul.

Maybe I should 'just go die'.

It's not like I have much time left.