Sixty Two

POV: Jungkook
"We found a doctor that can treat you, okay? I'm sorry it took so long, but this hospital is always busy, and we d-"

"It's fine, I don't need any medication, or treatment or anything, really. I'm fine how I am, I can't afford it anyway, so I'm fine accepting the fact that I'm going to die." I said bluntly.

"What? Jungkook, come on. You know you can't do that," Kimi frowned. "Seokjin ordered me to take care of you and make sure that you don't die, so if you dare die on me... I'll get killed by him!"

"I don't care! He doesn't even love me anymore, by the looks of it. He won't come back for me, even if I beg him! There's no use, just forget it. Okay? I'm thankful that you're trying to help me but you don't need to try anymore because I'll refuse it."

"Jungkook, stop being so stupid! Snap out of that mindset and learn to live for yourself, not for other people! As much as I know you love Seokjin, he won't be there forever. No one will. You just have to accept the fact that things change, and you would have zero control over that. Learning to live for your own self, rather than for other people, can make you into a more positive person."

"Shut the hell up, just because you can't have Jinnie, you're making sure that I can't have him, either! Selfish bitch, you think I'll really get fooled by that obviously fake smile of yours? Why don't you try and live for yourself instead?! We can see how that works out for you, huh?!"

A part of me felt like I was turning into Jinnie too: the psychotic, insane, snappy Jinnie. My body really wasn't going to last for much longer than a months I'd say, and I didn't see any signs of Jinnie coming back for me. So, I gave up. It's the most rational and logical thing to do when your life is about to end.

I didn't care whether he'd come back or not. There was no point in caring. I told myself that I didn't care, because Jinnie wouldn't care about me either.

But I still cared, just a little bit.

Thank you so much for 23K+ reads! I feel like my views are increasing every five seconds at this point haha

also I'm at 998 followers rn rip me