Chapter one

It was the first day of high school for me and I was really excited. My mum dropped me off at school, she gave me a hug and wished me luck. I was walking down the hallway to my homeroom. I was pretty nervous because I didn't know anyone here and I couldn't find my friends.

I saw Hunter leaning on a locker talking to Ben. Ben is his best friend. Oh god Hunter looked so cute. He was wearing a blue shirt and a pair of khaki pants and black vans. His light brown hair was messy and it made him looked more cute.

Hunter was my best friend since we were 4. During valentines day when we were 7, he gave me a rose and kissed me on the cheek and I fell in love with him since then. Our mums were really close friends, we often went to their house. Hunter and I would play in his room while my mum and his mum are having tea in the backyard. We haven't been to their house since Hunter's mum ran away. He was only 8.

"LEA!!!"

I turned around and saw Emily. She gave me a hug. Emily's my best friend.

"I missed you so much!" She said.

"I missed you too! How was Fiji?" I asked her.

"It was awesome. The people there are so nice and friendly. That place is paradise."

"That's cool" I smiled.

"I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back" she said and she headed off to the bathroom.

I looked back and to see if Hunter was still there. Yep he was. Ben was gone. Hunter was looking for something in his locker. I went to him and tapped his back. He turned around and I gave him hug.

"What the hell. Get away from me" he pushed me away and walked away.

What the heck just happened? I was shocked. I felt really sad. I haven't seen him in two months and I missed him a lot. I was just standing there, paralyzed. Hunter probably didn't know it was me, I thought. The bell rang. Emily came to me.

"What are you still doing here Lea. Let's go." she said and pulled me inside a classroom.

I walked inside. There were a lot of new students. I saw Hunter sitting at the back with Ben. They were talking. We made eye contact and I smiled at him. Hunter didn't smile back. He just looked away. I was heartbroken. What did I do to him?

For the rest of the day I tried talking to him but he just ignore me. Okay he hates me.

It's been 3 years now and we still haven't talked.

Today's the first day of school. I'm a junior now. I put on a tank top and a really cute red and white strip sweater and a pair of black skinny jeans. It's quite chilly outside today. I tied my brunette hair into a high ponytail. I put on some mascara and applied some lipgloss. I wore a pair of red vans. I got my bag and checked that everything was inside. I got my cellphone and purse and I went downstairs. I went to the kitchen and made myself a sandwich. My mum went on a business trip. She took over the company after my dad passed away two years ago. He was in an car accident. I texted Emily that I was ready to go. She told me that she'd be picking me up today. About five minutes later she came with her red Nissan car. It used to be her brother's car.

"Hey Em" I said and got in the car.

"Hey hey" she said.

She wore a a tank top and a leather jacket over it. She wore skinny jeans as well and a high heel ankle boots. She tied her blonde hair into a messy bun. This girl is gorgeous. Not being gay or anything. She has blue eyes by the way.

We got to school within ten minutes. We were walking down the hall way and James came and joined us. James is Emily's boyfriend. They've been going out for a year now.James has brown hair and green eyes. He's about 6ft tall and Emily's 5ft5. You can tell how much they love each other every time they look at each other. They're just so perfect together. I told them that I was going our homeroom so that I don't disturb those two making out.