Chapter 11

"You know that guy?" Marie glanced at the three pickups in her drive. "I wonder how many people are here?" she said with some trepidation. She was hoping to just go to bed when she got home. Now with strangers in the house, she didn't know if she could even relax let alone fall asleep. She was starting to feel really uneasy. Picking up the box of kleenex she held it tightly against her chest.

"Hey, it's fine," Jay told her when he noticed her panic stricken face. "Axel's alright, I know him really well. Just go on in. I need to talk to him for a minute anyway. Then I'll come find you." Jay gave her a reassuring smile before getting out of the car.

Marie watched Jay as he walked around the front of the car, his eyes never leaving Axel's. Marie looked at the guy on the porch, his eyes followed Jay. She thought he looked Native American with his complexion and black hair. He had strong features and was muscular. His looks intimidated her and she couldn't imagine how it would go if she actually had to speak to him.

As Jay held the car door open for her, Marie nervously looked into his eyes. He had a hint of a smile as he held out his hand. "I told you not to worry Marie, everything's fine." Jay gave her hand a reassuring squeeze as she got out of the car.

Marie clutched her kleenex box to her chest like a prize she didn't want to lose. Keeping her head down so she wouldn't make eye contact, she hurried past Axel. She could feel him staring at her as she went by, but luckily he didn't say a word.

As soon as she was inside, she ran into a solid wall, a solid muscular wall. Strong arms reached around her pulling her tight against him. He grabbed onto her rear and squeezed. "Do you have any Russian in you? Maybe you'd like some?"

Her body jerked at being touched like that. Her breath caught as their eyes locked. Marie's mind briefly registered the tattoos and the lip ring, before zeroing in on his muscular size and strength. Chills ran down her spine and the need for flight took over.

"Please don't hurt me." she whispered out a plea as she raised her knee to his crotch.

Raven had been so transfixed on the color of her eyes that when it dawned on him that he had scared her it was almost too late. He let go of her and yelped when her knee hit him.

"Goldie! Wait! I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry!" Raven had ahold of the box of kleenex in one hand, his other hand was on the bannister. He watched as Marie took the stairs two at a time. He was about to run after her when yelling from all sides stopped him.

"Raven!"

"Leave her alone man!"

"You fucking scared her!"

"What the hell did you do?"

"Ahh fuck! I just had her calmed down!"

"Jay? You're back!"

She couldn't believe she kneed the guy and it didn't take him down. She heard guys yelling behind her as she slammed shut her bedroom door. With her heart pounding Marie leaned against the door trying to catch her breath. She wondered if the guy confused her with someone named Goldie. Locking the door, she knew it wouldn't hold if someone really wanted in. She needed some kind of weapon.

She spotted a butter knife that she forgot to bring to the kitchen, she wedged it in the door frame hoping it could help keep the guy out. Looking around, she grabbed a jar of pennies, a magazine and a lollipop off her dresser.

Marie put everything on her bed and sat down to wait. She could hear deep voices coming through the heat vent but couldn't make out what they were saying.