Chapter 30

"About time." Raven frowned at Marie and Jay. "We were about to take a look at the camera's to make sure you two weren't doing anything you shouldn't be." He winked at Marie.

Marie blushed looking at all the grinning faces, except one.

"Camera's? You have them here too?"

"He's just giving us a hard time. They're only on when no one's here," Jay told her hooking an arm around neck. He turned his attention to the others. "Blame her. I found her lying in the middle of the floor daydreaming."

"Why?" Axel asked. He was sitting at the end of the kitchen island with a laptop opened in front of him.

Jay shrugged. "She's interested in architecture and design and likes to decorate in her head."

Axel turned to Marie. "Is that something you'd like to pursue? Architecture?" He looked like he was genuinely interested in her answer.

Marie felt her face heat up under everyone's gaze. "No, I'm not smart enough for that. I thought of taking some college courses and eventually becoming a realtor... maybe."

"If that's what you'd like to do, then do it."

"Yeah, Marie," Marc piped up. "We'll support whatever you decide to do."

"But you did like the master bedroom?" Axel asked.

"Sure. Who wouldn't like a room like that? I've always liked to imagine different room arrangements and colors. It relaxes me. I think it's because I was raised with white walls and minimal furnishings."

"And the wall color? Would you keep it or change it?"

Marie couldn't figure Axel out. He didn't seem to want to give up this line of questioning. She thought he was like a dog with a bone. She looked around at everyone still watching her. Now they all seemed just as interested in what she had to say about the room.

"What?" She chuckled as her eyes passed over each of them. "Can't you guys come to an agreement on color or something?"

"Yeah, that's it. So we were curious about what your ideas are." Axel answered for the group.

"Oh." She clasped her hands behind her back. "Um, I like the color, it works well in that style of room. I've always liked shades of greens and yellows. Warms colors, I guess." She gave a half shrug.

Axel nodded once before going back to the laptop.

When it seemed his interrogation was done, she went over to the other side of the island where Corey and Brandon were sitting. Both grinned as they scanned her from head to toe.

"I thought you guys had brought me clothes from home. Imagine my surprise to find out you bought me new things. You shouldn't have done it, but I love the clothes." She kissed each of them on the cheek. "Thank you," she whispered.

Corey beamed at her. "You're welcome, Marie."

Brandon slid over onto the next bar stool. "Sit between us," he told her as he ushered her onto the stool. "We were doing fine shopping for you until we ran into Gabriel and Luke."

"Oh, god." Corey covered his eyes shaking his head. "When Gabe found out what we were doing, he had to approve of everything we bought. Then he made us go buy you..." His face turned red as he gestured at Marie's chest.

Marie laughed and slapped the counter. "I knew he had to have been involved!"

"What kind of an argument did you have with him?" Brandon asked. "He said something about one way or another he was getting the last word."