Chapter 41

I don't like feeling the need to do a trigger warning. But since this is a fanfic, and not an original, I'll give you one. This chapter is dark themed. It'll take you to the line, but doesn't cross over.

"And she finally listens," he said into her ear. 

"Let go of me! Why are you even here?" she said starting to struggle again. Freeing one of her arms from his hold, she tried to elbow him in the side. He kept her other arm pinned behind her back, and tightened the pressure around her neck.

If he would loosen his grip just a fraction, she thought, it might be enough to get out of his hold. She was determined to fight back, she wasn't going to cower, not anymore. Those days were over.

He knocked her to the floor, pressing his knee hard into her back, her arm was stretched to its limit behind her. The palm of his hand held her head tight against the floor. She shrieked in pain, but didn't give up. She bucked against him, trying to get loose.

"Stop fighting me, Marie!" he hissed. "I need you to answer my questions, and this'll be over soon. Can you do that?"

Not wanting to show weakness, she tried to suppress a whimper, but the pain shooting along her spine was searing. She cried out.

"You still have the money I gave you?" he asked, not letting up on his hold. "You didn't blow it did you?"

If the pain wasn't so intense, she would have rolled her eyes. What was it with everyone wanting that money?

"Answer me! We don't have a lot of time. I'm sure your boyfriends will be coming around soon." He chuckled, his voice turning into a sneer. "Your mother told me you'd been whoring yourself out. Then you messed up. Got yourself pregnant, huh? I'm not surprised, I always knew you'd be a slut. But it's not important to me, anyway. Now answer me, girl, do you have my money?" Again, he pressed sharply into her back.

"Yes!" she gasped out.

He brought his head down close to hers. "Yes, what?"

She tried to turn her head away from his. "The money, I have it," she lied, her voice muffled in the carpet.

Marie wasn't sure if she had the money or not. They hadn't stayed around long enough to find out if Corey was able to get any of it back. She needed time to think.

"Good girl," he whispered, his foul breath hot in her ear. He touched the corner of her mouth with his lips before putting his face in her hair, breathing in deeply.

She felt him press himself against her backside, and fought against him. His body jerked as he panted out hot breaths in her hair. Her stomach revolted when he grunted and shuddered hard against her. Bile rose up in her throat. She didn't even try to hold back her vomit.

He lurched back. Disgust showing on his face.

Turning around, Marie wiped at her mouth as she scooted away from him. It was the first time she got a look at him. His clothes were wrinkled, hair messy, and from the smell he hadn't showered in days. But she didn't care about any of that. All she felt was cold hard rage. "You sick, fucking piece of filth! Don't you ever -"

Before she could react, his closed fist had connected with her cheek bone. "Shut up!"

Her head snapped back hitting the wall. Seeing stars, she pulled herself up, leaning against the wall, never taking her eyes off of him. She was dizzy, her cheekbone numb but hot to the touch. Blackness clouded her vision, but she pushed it back. If she passed out, he'd win. He won't win, she vowed to herself. Not this time.