Chapter 31

Dedicated to BLTS2004 and Tapiona

"I hope you've all kept your journal current as you read the book. I expect a lively discussion today," Mrs. Stewart informed the class as she scanned each student's face. Ensuring herself that she had their attention, she continued. "By now, you should have read the poem. What impression did it give you?" 

Marie scrunched down in her seat trying to go unnoticed and praying she wouldn't be called on. She thought taking a literature class would be an easy credit. Oh, how wrong she was. Marie liked reading the books Mrs.Stewart chose. But the debates and writing assignments that came with it were tough. Who knew there could be so much involved with writing? And Mrs. Stewart was a stickler for the correct grammar so Marie was always double checking herself.

"Marie?" Mrs.Stewart raised her brows waiting. "What was your first thought as you read the poem?"

Marie cleared her throat, feeling all eyes on her. "That it was a suicide note."

"What?" A quirky girl with blonde ringlets swung around in her seat looking at Marie. "But Charlie wrote it."

"No, its implied that Michael wrote it and gave it to Charlie," Marie replied. "That was my take on it, anyway."

"That part wasn't even in the movie," quirky girl whined. "I liked the movie better."

Marie rolled her eyes and watched the girl repeatedly pull a curl straight out and let let it pop back in place. It was so distracting, it had to be a nervous habit. She wondered if the girl even knew she did it.

As the Perks of Being a Wallflower discussion went on, Marie felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Pulling it out, she held in down near her lap, hoping Mrs.Stewart wouldn't notice.

Raven: Sunday, me and you. 10 am.

Marie: ??

Raven: I'm taking you out.

Marie felt her cheeks flush. Her first date with Raven!

Marie: Where are we going?

Raven: You'll see.

Marie: What should I wear?

Raven: Clothes, or not, if you want us to stay in.

Marie: Smartass :)

Raven: Always. Dress casual.

Sliding her phone back into her pocket, she wondered what kind of plans Raven made. This date could be interesting. Dress casual, well, that sure didn't tell her anything.

Marie let her eyes drift to the window. She thought about the night before. How Axel had opened himself up and let her in.

She held out her hand. "Let me be scared with you." All she wanted to do was wrap her arms around him and hold him tight, but knew she couldn't. It was his call.

He raised his eyes to hers, and let out a deep sigh as he pulled her into his arms. "We do this," he said in a rough voice. "Don't ever make me to let you go."

"Never," she swore as he lifted her, taking her to his bed.

Axel laid her down and hovered over her. She gazed longingly into his eyes as he gently brushed her hair from her neck. The outside world ceased to exist as his lips trailed lightly along her neck to her jawline, finally claiming her lips. Her fingers tangled in his hair. She let out a soft moan as she welcomed his tongue.

Without breaking the kiss, he stretched out next to her. Breathing heavily, he pulled back. As they gazed into each other's eyes, their hearts beat as one. His fingertips brushed  along her hairline, gently moving down the side of her face. He traced the outline of her lips, before moving down her neck and to her chest. He kissed her hard, their tongues entwining.