Drunk

He woke up alone on the couch next to where he had passed out the previous night. His arm was in some sort of make shift cast. The pain was definitely there, but dull so he guessed that Dane had given him some sort of drug to keep it down. Lying there he wondered how badly Damien had reacted when he found Jade. He wondered if she was in the same state as himself or worse.

Suddenly he heard the sound of boots clicking on the stone. He sat up, afraid that it was Damien, coming back to finish the job, but sighed in relief when he saw that it was only Amon. His uncle studied him from head to foot, letting his bored eyes linger on his tightly bound arm as he bit his lip.

"Tell me that Damien didn't-" He began clumsily in his caution as he pointed a finger in the general direction of the cast.

"So what?" Drake snapped angrily, "This isn't exactly something new, Amon."

"No it isn't," Amon admitted, folding his arms and adverting his eyes from Drake for a brief moment, "but he's never gone so far as to-"

"Make me break my own bones?" Drake interrupted him once more this time angrier. "Yes, he does like to stick to punches and kicks, doesn't he?"

Amon sighed and looked the other way a second time, "You see, Drake the thing is to Damien the way he has treated you is incredibly mild compared to how bad it actually could be, but believe me I don't support him any more than Dane does, no matter how I feel towards you."

Drake narrowed his eyes at him, taking all of him in as he tried to read him. Amon despised him, not nearly as much as Damien, but still it was unlike him to speak to Drake like this. His hair was a chaotic mess, spiking up at strange angles, dark circles sagged under those large fish-like green eyes, and gleamed with an earnest look. "Well, then, what did he do to you?"

He looked away a third time with a thin lipped smile, "Not much," he laughed contemptuously, "he just threatened to command me to never drink again."

"For God's sake!" Drake stood up, anger running through his blood, "Why doesn't he just do that for you?"

"Despite," Amon began cooly flashing his wide wild eyes onto Drake, "what you believe, Damien hates to use his power, especially on Dane and myself."

Drake shook his head, "You're just as bad as Dane, defending his every move. Can you really not see what a monster he is? Do I really deserve this kind of treatment?" He held up his arm for emphasis.

"You know what to expect from his temper," Amon snapped at him as the freshly risen morning sun, bursting over the horizon, shone incredibly bright on his face from the window across from him, "it isn't like he treats you like this for no reason, Drake! If you would just stop standing up against him and fighting him and irritating him and disobeying his every request!"

"Even you cannot do that," Drake laughed, tossing his head back, "look at yourself. He asks you to stay sober and you can't, but does he abuse you? No, not even with words."

Amon frowned, running his tongue along his teeth as he thought, but Drake wasn't finished, "And I know for a fact that he didn't do a thing to Jade!"

"Wrong," Amon glared at him suddenly, "she received the same punishment as you, dear nephew. Your father was fair in that."

"What exactly did he do to her?" Drake asked meeting Amon's eyes as the hair on the back of his neck stood straight, upon hearing that dreadful word. He couldn't read Jade's thoughts. She was probably asleep.

"You two share the same body," Amon shrugged with a frown, "whatever injury happens to your body happens to her's and her's to yours."

"Her arm is snapped in two as well?" Drake frowned.