Nightmares Return

The dress was so tight on her torso that she felt like she couldn't breath, but seemed to leave her legs enough room move somehow. Dane and Amon said she looked great, but she felt like she was naked with all the skin she was exposing. Drake and Damien merely sat back and eyed her from head to toe. She knew what Drake was thinking, but Damien's expression was so blank that she couldn't decide until he growled, "Take it off and try the other. I don't like it in the slightest."

"Why is it up to you?" She asked angrily, daring to meet his eyes.

"So you know what dresses of the twenty-first century look good on you then because right now you look like a tramp and I don't want any child under my care to look how you do at any important event of mine. So take it off, my dear," he replied with his hand on his chin and his pale eyes deep in hers. "Not to mention I'm the one paying for it."

"Under his care, he says," Jade scoffed to herself as she walked up to him to take the second dress.

His hand flew from his chin to grab her wrist as she did so, "What was that?" He barked at her from his chair.

"Nothing," she hissed, "let me go."

She felt the heat from his skin rushing against her skin. That night was coming back just with the touch of his hand. She began to panic. The room was closing in on her, lights dimming. She couldn't breathe. She had thought that she had gotten over this, but apparently not if he was touching her. Sinking back into the depths of that night as the she stared at Damien in horror as her mind forced his face to begin to melt away, blood oozing out of the many wounds forming all over his body.

"Jade?" She thought he heard his voice as the creature before her reached out another hand this one dripping with blood. She began to scream and tried to get away, but he was still holding her hand and not being able to use enough of his limbs for support he was thrown from the chair as she fell to the floor. Smack, the back of her head hit the hard floor as well as one of Damien's hands beside her head. He stared down at her in shock from where he laid just barely above her with their noses touching, unable to get up on his own. However, there were no eyes in his head, just two empty sockets, two terrifyingly deep black holes glaring at her.

She covered her eyes with her hands, but the images didn't vanish at all. The blood was turning a thicker black and it was sticking to the insides of her eyes lids.

When she opened them she saw the real Damien staring down at her in shock, his lips slightly parted as he breathed hard and his hair dangling down pointing at her right before it all turned into a gruesome monster drooling with blood again.

It wasn't long before Dane had helped Damien off of Jade and into a chair again and Drake had her in his arms, but it felt like years. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion and in her nightmare it seemed that Damien was struggling to get out of Dane's reach to grab at her with his long, black sharpened nails.

"It isn't real Jade," Drake muttered into her ear as he tried to calm her down. He stroked his hand through her hair and kissed her neck and if Jade hadn't been too lost to think she would have been angry with him for practicing for that night, barely giving her a second thought.

"What the hell is matter with her?" Damien shouted through his heavy breathing, clearly distraught. Obviously he hadn't realized the degree of trauma that night had put Jade through. Drake sighed heavily, letting Jade cry onto his shoulder as the memories stormed through her head and his.

"That night," Drake growled at Damien, angry at his ignorance. "You should be more considerate of her."

"Oh, like you are! So what then?" He threw on a disgusting smirk, "She's just having a small mental crisis. It's nothing big."

Dane glared at his brother with unspeakable hatred, but didn't speak out against him, simply pursing his lips. "Come over here," Damien laughed at the trembling Jade.