Back Home

"It's that one," she said, pointing to her booth.

"D1?" he asked as he slid the door open. It was completely empty. "Is that where you hit your head?"

She followed his outstretched finger to a red stain on the top of the bench and adverted her eyes as quick as she could, "Yes."

Giving her a sideways glance he asked, "Is there something wrong?"

"No," she answered, fumbling with the material of the dress to distract herself.

"Okay," he said, stepping into the booth and wiping the blood away with the same sleeve he'd used earlier on Jade.

"What are we doing?" she asked stepping in beside him, closing the door. With a smile, he reached into a pocket and pulled out a pocket knife, "You aren't supposed to have that."

"I know," he said, smiling, "so watch the door. How much more time do you think you have before you travel back?"

"I don't know," she said glancing back at him, watching him carve her name into the wood and then a date.

"It isn't 1815," she said.

"You're supposed to be watching the door," he laughed, "and no it isn't from wherever you come from, but in Monorail, currently it is."

"Each world is in a different time?" she asked him, now sitting down beside him.

"Not exactly they're more labeled with different times rather than actually being in different times," he said sitting down with her.

"So now what?" she asked, reaching up and tracing her fingers over the freshly carved wood.

"You were traveling with people right?" he asked.

"Yes," she answered, taking her hand away from the wood to look at him, "why?"

"Ask them if they saw it before you came back, otherwise they would have heard and seen it being carved as I did it," he said, looking deep into her eyes as if to see whether she understood or not.

"Meaning?" she asked to his disappointment.

He laughed, "Meaning, if they saw it happening as I did it then you're changing the past and the future can be changed and if it was already there, you aren't changing a thing and the future is set for good."

She bit the corner of her lip and looked away, wondering how much longer she had before she was torn away from this time and thrown back into her own.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked as he reached for her, but suddenly she felt as if she were being pulled away from him into a blackhole and then suddenly she was thrown back into the seat only she had landed on top of something.

"I told you," Petra laughed from the other seat, "you should've listened."

"Get off," Drake said angrily to Jade, who was sitting on top of his chest.

"So you time traveled for the first time," Petra commented, raising an eyebrow as if asking her to tell her everything that had happened.

Slipping off of Drake, Jade couldn't help, but stare at him, wondering if he now knew everything that had just happened to her. I do.

She sighed and then thought to him The carving in the wood-

Yeah, I saw it. He thought to her, smugly.

No, idiot, did you see it being written?

It was already there. Seems like you had a great time. His eyes were spitting anger at her.