Lost Control

"Drake," Dane muttered under his breath, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Drake looked up and followed his uncle's gaze which was on Damien, who seemed perfectly calm as usual, but it was likely that there was a burning fury raging under that mask. So Drake swallowed his laughter and blinked away his smile. His uncle knelt down on one knee and still keeping his eyes focused on Damien talking with Amon, whispered to Drake, "I would leave with her if I were you."

"Whatever he does to me, he does to himself," Drake said shaking his head, "I know how he reacted when he hit Jade. He won't harm himself. Besides, she wants to be alone, which I can understand after spending two solid hours with the lot of us."

"Yes, I understand all of that my nephew, but I don't think she knows enough about this world," he paused to swallow hard, "something bad might happen."

"Not in broad daylight, Dane," Drake sighed, "look I know you're worried and whatever, but I assure you she'll be fine or Damien wouldn't have let her go for his own sake. You know?"

Dane nodded, but he still seemed to be on edge about the whole matter. "If she's far enough he can harm you without harming her or himself, Drake."

Drake smiled, closing to ignore that, "But any ways, don't you have someone here in this world you'd rather be visiting than hanging around here?"

With narrowed eyes, Dane frowned at Drake, "Sometimes I forget that what I talk to Jade about goes directly to you."

"Hey, I'm not laughing," Drake's smile vaporized as he raised an eyebrow, "I'm just saying that you don't seem to leave Damien's side much since he got himself hurt, so . . ."

"What are you planning?" Dane asked him coldly.

Drake's mouth twitched as he held back a deep frown, but he couldn't help but stare at Dane angrily, "Why can't I just suggest something without it being some devious plot?"

Dane sighed, "Because," he glanced at Damien with another sigh, "well, it's-"

"No, I get it," Drake barked, standing up with clenched fists, nails digging deep into his skin. "We aren't the same person you know?"

"Don't yell at your uncle," Damien growled from his bed, listening in on their conversation.

Drake felt the red blush rushing to his cheeks as he put a hand to his mouth in horror. He couldn't think of a time that he had said something like that in front of Damien and he had heard him. Did he realize how alike they were? Probably not he didn't really acknowledge him enough to know. In fact why was Drake even thinking about him? So he put on his mask and as his hand slipped away smiled, "Why? Are you going to stop me?"

Damien sat up to look at Drake, "My, my aren't the two of you becoming quite rebellious. What exactly happened in Monorail? I mean it is hard to keep things straight that is between your lies and truths."

"Nothing," Drake continued through his teeth, "actually it's just the fact that you have no power over us."

"No power over you," Damien thought out loud, his gaze shifting off to somewhere that didn't exist. "That's a strange idea that you're testing. I hope you're both ready for the consequences."

"What?" Drake laughed, "What could you possibly do?"

"Use your imagination," Damien smiled gently, almost kindly to hide his swelling hatred.

Drake bit the inside of his lip. He knew he was almost at his breaking point. He had been holding this question in for seventeen years and he thought that he would carry it with him to his grave, but it was scratching at the back of his mouth trying to creep out and with Damien staring at him with that loathing smile, he couldn't control himself. He took a deep breath and imagined what would happen if he did ask Damien that dreaded question.