Reality

"What's so funny?" Dane asked with a frown.

"Nothing," she smiled, embarrassed even though Dane would never know what she had thought up.

Well I do, Drake's thoughts whispered into her ear. Honestly, Jade have some respect for yourself and don't go imagining Damien as some sort of angel.

The door slammed open before Jade could think up a reply to Drake. Damien sat there in his wheel chair, a leg and an arm in casts in the door way with a snarl of disgust on his face, glaring at Jade. "Why the fucking hell is she in here? I thought that we put her with Drake so that we wouldn't have to deal with either of them."

"By we, you mean you right?" Dane muttered to himself as Jade studied Damien. The first thing she noticed was that his shirt was unbuttoned leaving his bare chest exposed. Second was his disheveled hair, sticking out at strange angles.

"Dane let her in," Amon said pointing his finger at his oldest brother.

"Well, then," he growled furiously, "I suppose that means it's okay. Just move over to Amon and let me sit."

Dane looked at him with a frown, but knew better than to actually speak to him and so he moved to sit beside Amon as Damien used his one good arm to move from the wheel chair to the seat. He smelled like roses. She had always thought roses were dark and devious. She tried to slip towards the window so that he wasn't close without drawing his attention onto her, but she soon failed as his head turned and he caught her eyes.

"You do love to undermine me don't you," he hissed. She tried not to cringe at his words, but her face seemed to move on its own accord paying no attention to her brain. She hadn't seen Damien since they had talked that night about the train ride and somehow he had been put into a terrible mood. So she simply did what she always did when one of the four of them were in this mindset, apologized and agreed with their every word.

"I'm sorry," she began. "Drake was getting on my nerves and I decided I would spend this last hour away from him before I have to be all over him during the trip. Can you forgive me?"

The snarl wavered and he bit his lip as he watched her. He seemed to be at a loss for words until, "Whatever."

Then he noticed his shirt and began to casually button it up. There was no cherry blood on the sleeves and no stories of the truth. Jade sighed heavily. Would she be stuck with these men for the rest of her life?

Dane reached behind him and grabbed a book, which he began to read, only glancing up every once in a while when Damien was staring at him intently. The two would meet eyes for a brief second before, Damien looked away, shaking his head angrily as if reliving the moment that lie had come to light.

"Well?" Amon broke the long silence, leaning onto the table smiling at Damien.

"Well, what?" He barked at his younger brother.

"Come on," Amon simpered. "Who was she?"

"She?" Damien laughed haughtily. "You - the doctor was taking out my stitches. He agreed to meet me on the train when I told him I was going on a weeks trip. He said they needed to be out as soon as possible or something."

Jade glanced at him, bursting out, "A week? You didn't say this would be an entire week!" If she hadn't been so shocked by the news, she wouldn't have shouted it at him like that. She probably wouldn't have said a word, but she had been convinced this was a quick two day trip and then Erik and his father would join them at Damien's home for the remainder of the week.

"Don't shout, my dear," he turned towards her, "it's unbecoming of a young lady."

She should have bit her tongue and shut-up, but she didn't. Instead she continued to shout "A week! Why didn't you tell me? God, a week, no wonder Drake was so-"